Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
#983196 11/23/04 01:43 PM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Jeez... Let it rest!

If you didn't like this years shirt, step up and put in your time into next years. Step up to the plate and do something, not complaining on the sidelines.

Since we are on the subject of complaints, where the hell did all the tapes and pics go that people promised to send? Hmmm... no one explaining that one?

We'll even see if there is a SZ05 vid. Hopefully people send them then. If not, then more time to me and my kid.

Sincerely,

Steve

"Speak English... I am speaking Engrish..." Steve Chang 99 Silver SVT Contour #196 (Garaged) 06 Dark Blue Pearl Fusion SE V6 (Daily) 05 Dark Shadow Grey Freestyle Limited AWD
#983197 11/23/04 01:45 PM
W
Back In Black
Back In Black
W
Originally posted by mikey boy:
i still am unclear as to why the original design wasnt used.

Mike,
The artwork provided wasn't vector based and that causes many problems when you're trying to screen print. Brian provided me w/ the original images which I had problems trying to convert to vector base so I basically had to scrap it last minute and do something else. I tried to keep the original idea intact, but admittedly took some creative liberties.

If this has offended anyone I do apologize, but it honestly came down to I had only a few hours to do it and get the file on the way to the printer.
-Mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
#983198 11/23/04 02:14 PM
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by Davo:
I didn't intend to come off as a whiny [censored]. In fact, I said I am hesitant to criticize and that I appreciate the work all have done. That being said, the point I was trying to make is that CEG is better than the shirts show. There is a wealth of talent and resources available in this community. My complaint is that that was not taken to full advantage. If you wanted to work on your racing team instead of make t-shirts, then you shouldn't have taken on the responsibility. I know you're not making excuses, blah blah blah, but that's what it sounds like to me.

So, what exactly about them do you not like? Is it the artwork? Is it the quality of the shirt? the quality of the screen printing? If it is the artwork, its all subjective, you can talk to Worldtour about that.

Personally, I liked both versions of the artwork but the one we used just worked 1000X better for screen printing. While I don't think the visual aspect of what we used is perfect for screen printing, Mikey's art would have just looked like a big pile of mud when screen printed, which is unfortunate.

In regards to taking full advantage of CEG resources, I tried to do that this time, I really did. This is the THIRD year in a row I have done the Spring Zing shirts, and the first two times, I didn't try to make a committee to do it, I just got them done and had no issues at all. When I tried to "take advantage of the community" I ended up with some very good looking art that was effectively useless for the purpose of screen printing t-shirts.

Missing the deadline for SZ had nothing to do with racing, but delays after it did.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
#983199 11/23/04 03:44 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by WorldTour:
Originally posted by mikey boy:
i still am unclear as to why the original design wasnt used.

Mike,
The artwork provided wasn't vector based and that causes many problems when you're trying to screen print. Brian provided me w/ the original images which I had problems trying to convert to vector base so I basically had to scrap it last minute and do something else. I tried to keep the original idea intact, but admittedly took some creative liberties.

If this has offended anyone I do apologize, but it honestly came down to I had only a few hours to do it and get the file on the way to the printer.
-Mark

I can vouch for the problems trying to convert that image to vector. I tried using that image for the banner but it just wouldnt work, at least not with out ALOT of work and time.

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
#983200 11/23/04 07:31 PM
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I like the shirts. Nice and simple, not to much going. I don't need the Contour.org on there, I already now how to get to the site

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
#983201 11/24/04 12:20 AM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by xchang:

Since we are on the subject of complaints, where the hell did all the tapes and pics go that people promised to send? Hmmm... no one explaining that one?

I would just like to say I did post my vids, but I would also like to know. I don't even live in the US anymore and I prolly won't be able to go to another SZ, I am really disappointed now.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
#983202 11/24/04 12:27 AM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
i have to appologize for not sending steve my video.
but i bought a house right after SZ and things got hectic.
all my video had was some footage of Rick and Stazis cars.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
#983203 11/24/04 05:41 AM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by ElKy:
i have to appologize for not sending steve my video.
but i bought a house right after SZ and things got hectic.
all my video had was some footage of Rick and Stazis cars.

Well then how about everyone post their videos? Atleast we can have something from then. Perhaps someone can just throw them together, no extra time needed, just compile them into one video?

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
#983204 11/24/04 04:01 PM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
No problems, Elky. We had talked about it so it wasn't directed at you. And for Wein_Sean. Get a hold of me. If you are interested, I can get you some DVDs. We'll work out shipping some out, if don't have them already. It is unfortunate you can't make it to another SZ.

Main reason I asked for vids was to get the highest quality vid for a DVD, but if people want mpg quality, it is there choice. My PC now has over 450 GB availble to use for video games now... LOL!

I'm talking about people that posted in my thread that I had a while back that they will send it, and never to hear from them again.

"Speak English... I am speaking Engrish..." Steve Chang 99 Silver SVT Contour #196 (Garaged) 06 Dark Blue Pearl Fusion SE V6 (Daily) 05 Dark Shadow Grey Freestyle Limited AWD
#983205 11/26/04 03:34 AM
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
The quality of the shirts and the screen printing is fine. I have a question - when was this last minute 'creative liberty under a time constraint?"

here or in a PM, i'd like to know.

Thanks,

Mark

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard