Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
D
DDV Offline
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
The pictures of my install are now viewable on my profile.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by acrdklr:
mine are still sitting in the box waiting for me to get my butt in gear

Same here. I hope to get them in this weekend. Weather's supposed to be good so I should get them done. Course you guys know how impatient I get sometimes so I just may be posting some @#$%$#@ questions on Sunday. Hope my old brain works in the sun.

Well, after I figured out how to remove the 2 little plugs on the bottom of the bracket, I got them out OK. The dremeling was no big deal. Then to put them back together--there's where the happy stuff started. I couldn't get everything together without the inside nuts coming off. Then all of a sudden I took a very short piece of scotch tape doubled over on itself, put it between the housing and the nut, and whoopy $h!t, it worked. Now all I have to do is reinstall. Shouldn't be a problem since I know how everything came off.

Next post should be: Got them installed and love em!! Thanks to all involved for a great GB. And thanks to slimshady for having the guts, ideas, and how-to for this mod in the first place. As I was screwing around with the housing, trying to get it off at first, I'm thinking, "this guy (slimshady) had a lot nerve taking the first steps in coming up with this." Props to you, man!

I have to give alot of credit to shaggy for showing me how to install them, he had most of the input, but i did throw some info in there
I'm just glad everyone liked them as much as i did.
JUST A NOTE FOR ALL WHEN PUTTING THE PIAA HOUSING BACK TOGETHER MAKE SURE THAT RUBBER GASKET IS PROPERLY IN PLACE

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition Blue Steel 99 Tropic Green SVT (Former Owner) #151 of 710 Born on 10/07/98 Have you driven a FRAUD lately?
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard