Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by AliasJerk:
so today, I am driving home from work. On my way home I do a quick test... No bucking... Test it again... No bucking Test it again... bucks twice... It seems like depending on the weather it bucks harder. Yesteday when we had tested it, it was about an hour after it had rained... hard. And when the problem was terribly bad it was right after it had rained.

OMFG! Rain does not affect the transaxle at all. PLEASE look at the coil packs! Double check your ignition system. I wanna bet money that it is not the clutch.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by todras:
So are you going to play with it all day or get it checked. Internet disgnosis is not valid.

I had an appointment for a check up on my timing belt install to make sure my cam timing was alright for tomorrow (friday). So im going to have them look it over while they are checking the timing.
BTW: the Coil pack is as old as the Spark Plug wires, I installed it about 3 months ago.

Last edited by AliasJerk; 06/11/04 01:57 AM.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
CANDYBARS!!!
Much better sig!

A
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
A
OK well, im a little relieved. My brother said that my clutch wasnt in bad shape, just showing the first signs of being worm out. He says I really have nothing to worry about right now, I should get up to 10K more miles out of it which is good, I figure when I put 10K more miles on it I will have enough cash saved to start looking for my next car... Im thinking a 2000 Tour, Ford Focus SE/ZX3/ZX5, Mercury cougar, Hyundai Elentra, Honda Civic.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I don't think your brother knows what he's talking about. First it's shot then it's got another 10k out of it...

All are good choices, just nix elantra, and keep civic to 00 SI or an EX with an engine swap.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard