Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
Alan..
I am still debating which UIM (SE or SVT) to send. I see you have decided to send an SVT after the SE was finished. Why? Do you have any data from Rick (flow #, size of t.body opening, size of runner openings afer the process)?

I have looked at the SE t.body opening and it looks like it could open up to 60-62mm to match with an SVT t.body and not impact the EGR. Note, it will still be smaller than stock SVT t.body opening as that is about 65-67mm. However, unless you are planning to use a 65mm 4.6L t.body, the SE "should" be OK for the SVT t.body??

Hi Dan. I think the EH'd SE UIM should work fine with modded SE's or a relatively stock SVT's but mine is a well modified SVT and more importantly - I've already enlarged the LIM (2000 34/35mm) and TB openings over the stock SVT dimensions and port matched my SVT UIM to those pieces. I don't want to go through that expense twice
I don't have any hard fiqures, but I ran an SVT TB on my Mystique and it was very strong on the track and worked fine on the street. During my conversations with Rick, when I explained the work that had already been done to the SVT he felt that while the SE openings have been enlarged, it made sense to EH my SVT UIM, as it is already port matched to everything else I have and the SE won't be. If I don't, I'll have to have the SE port matched to my other modified pieces and then try to sell my SVT UIM which has larger openings than would be any use to most people and wouldn't likely be a "perfect" match to anyone else's setup.

Regards, Alan

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly