Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Contour98SVT:
what kind of power gains can you expect form this? I have a early '98 SVT?

With a '98 SVT I'd say you can stand to gain a few more ponies over that estimated 5-7. You should also read this post.

Originally posted by Fmr12B:
1) I know a normal UIM gasket will not work, but I assume the SVT DH UIM gasket will work as its only 13cfm.
2) Since this is guranteed, is EH going to send a certificate back with this part flow benched or whatever so we know were pushing 193cfm?

3) As everyone else has brought up, how we gonna know that 193cfm on a standard UIM is doable.

4) Was the prototype a non-SVT UIM?

1) Get a Felpro gasket (check the 3L FAQ for a p/n). It should work just fine.
2) Don't know.
3) Are you asking if a standard non-honed UIM will allow for this honing process (i.e. enough excess material)?
4) No. SVT UIM. Don't know what year.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Originally posted by Contour98SVT:
what kind of power gains can you expect form this? I have a early '98 SVT?

Exactly 6 posts up

Originally posted by DERK:
Scott & others interested - It was DemonSVT that I talked with about 13cfm. It's pretty well agreed upon that 7.2% isn't much more rate for us dual honed folks. But, if you've got the flow to back it up, you should see 5-7 whp with this mod. If you've got a stock SE engine, don't expect to see a whole lot from this mod alone. Again, you've gotta have the flow to get the most from the mod.

That said, it's not bad bang for the buck. 7hp from a 600+ exhaust system isn't unheard of around these parts. If you're planning future mods (3L, turbo, more N/A power) this is probably a good idea.

Hey, Thanks alot.

'98 Black/Blue CSVT -#162 D.O.B 4/12/97- -----Many MODS-----
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
FYI, I'm in. I bought the SE UIM that Todd R. had and he's shipping it today to EH for me.

Derek, I've got the 34/35mm 2000 LIM on the SVT, should I:
1) Ask Rick to port to that dimension?
2) Send a gasket set?
3) Pull my UIM and do a proper template?

Regards, Alan Coles

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Derk2000:
If I were you, I'd include a gasket for them to match your UIM to. Of course, state why the gasket is there in the first place...

I'm using a 34mm/35mm LIM too, I'm going to send the gaskets with my UIM. Also be sure to read the info at the begining of the therad.

Y
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by lowbudgetracing:

i talked to rick miller at EH and he said i could send a taurus intake as part of this group buy and it would not be a problem.

That is because there is an SHO group buy going on at the moment too. Anyone with an SHO, price is $297 + shipping.

Jason 1992 Ford Taurus SHO 1995 Ford Taurus SHO - Supercharged
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by yamahaSHO:
Originally posted by lowbudgetracing:

i talked to rick miller at EH and he said i could send a taurus intake as part of this group buy and it would not be a problem.

That is because there is an SHO group buy going on at the moment too. Anyone with an SHO, price is $297 + shipping.

i told him it was a duratech and not a sho

98 svt sil/blu 3.0 oval heads full P&P, msds headers,bat kit,2,1/2exhaust 30 inch glasspack and 2 spintech mufflers 14.78@94mph with my mechanical arm i can shift gears in less then a twentieth of a second for sale $7000
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Pulled my UIM today. Has everybody sent theres out already?

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Pete and I noticed some interesting things yesterday when cleaning the SVT UIM and putting the SE one on my car.

1. The routing from the EGR into the UIM (the groove where the TB bolts on) is different. The SVT is on the top side of the UIM, while the SE comes out the bottom.
2. The opening from the TB is much smaller. Looking through it, we could actually see the edges of the hole going into the UIM. Will the Extrude Hone process widen that too? It seemed like that would be a restriction for anyone running the SVT TB.

Bill '00 SVT Black/Tan
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by EvlBill:
Will the Extrude Hone process widen that too?

I don't know, Bill. If not, it certainly will be a restriction and should be hand-ported. But you're right, the SVT manifold is opened up for the 60mm TB.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by EvlBill:
Pete and I noticed some interesting things yesterday when cleaning the SVT UIM and putting the SE one on my car.

1. The routing from the EGR into the UIM (the groove where the TB bolts on) is different. The SVT is on the top side of the UIM, while the SE comes out the bottom.
2. The opening from the TB is much smaller. Looking through it, we could actually see the edges of the hole going into the UIM. Will the Extrude Hone process widen that too? It seemed like that would be a restriction for anyone running the SVT TB.

If anyone has an answer to this I'd appreciate a quick response, as my SE UIM is already at Extrude Hone (arrived this morning) and my intention was to put it on my SVT which has the 2000 34/35mm LIM and Brad's "optimized" SVT TB plus other mods. Rick @ EH has said it's no problem for them to expand the throttle ports to match my 34/35mm LIM, but now I'm concerned about the TB opening size and EGR routing. Any knowledgeable fedd-back would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Alan

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard