Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
lowbudget - really? I'm very surprised. Well, you got the info straight from the horse's mouth, so there you go. He knows it's a completely different manifold, right?

Bill & Dan - I'll make a call and express your concerns. I'll get back with you soon.

Scott & others interested - It was DemonSVT that I talked with about 13cfm. It's pretty well agreed upon that 7.2% isn't much more rate for us dual honed folks. But, if you've got the flow to back it up, you should see 5-7 whp with this mod. If you've got a stock SE engine, don't expect to see a whole lot from this mod alone. Again, you've gotta have the flow to get the most from the mod.

That said, it's not bad bang for the buck. 7hp from a 600+ exhaust system isn't unheard of around these parts. If you're planning future mods (3L, turbo, more N/A power) this is probably a good idea.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
yep

98 svt sil/blu 3.0 oval heads full P&P, msds headers,bat kit,2,1/2exhaust 30 inch glasspack and 2 spintech mufflers 14.78@94mph with my mechanical arm i can shift gears in less then a twentieth of a second for sale $7000
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by EvlBill:
Is there an answer to Dan Nixon's post? I'm still interested in this but I'm hesitant to spend the money to get the SE manifold done if it might not flow the same? So I really need to know ASAP if I need to get my SVT UIM off and clean it to send in.

We can wait for another definitive answer from Extrude Hone, and I will defer to Derek's direct conversations with Extrude Hone, but this fact: that both an SE manifold and a Triple Honed, gee-whiz-bang manifold will end up flowing the same has been triple-confirmed at this point (if you read the whole thread).

Hence, my SVT upper is already sold, and my SE manifold is en route.

Massiv.

1999 Mercury Cougar V6.
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Well, no reply today. But Massiv is right, I've asked 3 times about this particular situation. If I keep asking, they're going to start thinking I've got Alzheimer's or something.

If you send an SE manifold and the sh|t hits the fan, I'll eat my shoe (just not one of my running shoes, ok?)

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Derk!

I'm sending a 99 Cougar UIM, will then sell my DH SVT UIM to the highest bidder!

Do you think for only 13cfm we will need to resize the gasket?

I better damn well see 193cfm or your gonna be eating some shoes!

Will work on removing the vacumn lines and have this shipped out on Monday.

Now I just need to figure out how to polish this beauty up!

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Sorry I kept asking that but there was never an actual "how will it be done" kind of answer given. So I'll shut up and stop asking. Fmr12B brings up a question I've just been wondering about, will the normal 2.5 gasket work? If all goes well, I'll be able to send mine out Monday.

Bill '00 SVT Black/Tan
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I know a normal UIM gasket will not work, but I assume the SVT DH UIM gasket will work as its only 13cfm.

Since this is guranteed, is EH going to send a certificate back with this part flow benched or whatever so we know were pushing 193cfm?

As everyone else has brought up, how we gonna know that 193cfm on a standard UIM is doable.

Was the prototype a non-SVT UIM?

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
what kind of power gains can you expect form this? I have a early '98 SVT?

'98 Black/Blue CSVT -#162 D.O.B 4/12/97- -----Many MODS-----
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Contour98SVT:
what kind of power gains can you expect form this? I have a early '98 SVT?

Exactly 6 posts up

Originally posted by DERK:
Scott & others interested - It was DemonSVT that I talked with about 13cfm. It's pretty well agreed upon that 7.2% isn't much more rate for us dual honed folks. But, if you've got the flow to back it up, you should see 5-7 whp with this mod. If you've got a stock SE engine, don't expect to see a whole lot from this mod alone. Again, you've gotta have the flow to get the most from the mod.

That said, it's not bad bang for the buck. 7hp from a 600+ exhaust system isn't unheard of around these parts. If you're planning future mods (3L, turbo, more N/A power) this is probably a good idea.

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Well, for me, the SVT DH UIM gasket IS normal.

Bill '00 SVT Black/Tan
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard