Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I could, my replacement should be here on Tuesday of next week.

So long as I get it back by June 25th I'd be happy. If not, I'd prefer to wait to send mine in around July 10th or so.

Then again I guess it really doesnt matter if I have a Cougar UIM on my car while I go camping for 10-days over July 4th. My car will be so packed I wouldnt miss the extra 8HP

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I have a couple of UIM's sitting here in my office waiting on the word go! (After flow numbers of course!)

G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
My UIM has been off my car for a month, so give me the word.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Derk2000:
I should make this clear:
No matter what UIM you send Extrude Hone, we all get the same final flow numbers.
Not a shabby deal for you SE folks!

Explain how you managed that???

That is completely against their normal policy and routine since one EH run is a specific timed event.
Multiple manifold thicknesses and matching flow rates would make a group buy like this a logistical nightmare for them.

If it is true then that is one hell of a deal and even DH SVT UIM's would almost not be worth buying because you can make any UIM into the best UIM for $300.

I am on the fence of I'll believe it when I see it because that goes against everything I learned from the Extrude Hone themselves. (You are dealing directly with them and not a second source right?)

BTW - my UIM is not just triple honed. It was taken to the limit of the UIM. You will not get that from this group buy I guarantee it.

Hence why it took so long for mine and part of the reason I had to deal directly with EH. I started by going through a second source and that was a HUGE MISTAKE!!! Everything (price, process, etc) they said was completely wrong. (old and ugly story Hindsight is 20/20 they say)

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Demon - if you read the old posts in the "interest check" I asked this specific question. Why they've decided to do it this way is beyond me, but like you and I have said, it's one hell of a deal for the non-SVT manifold people. Maybe it has to do with their "new process."

BTW, yes, this is directly through EH in Irwin, PA.

Kinda makes me want to buy a UIM and get it painted black... How hard would it be to transfer my SVT plackard to a new UIM?

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Some tidbits of info from the other post:

98-98.5 = single Honed UIM
99-00 = dual Honed UIM

Some approx. CFU rates from Extrude Hone..
stock = 155 CFU
single= 170 CFU
double= 180 CFU
triple= 188-190 CFU

------------------------------------------------------------
Emailed questions and answers:

2) I want to make sure that if you start with an SE manifold, that it comes back at the estimated ~225cfm. You indicated the price will be the same, but will the results be the same no matter what manifold you start with?

And the answers
2) Yes all the 2.5 L intakes hopefully will flow 225 cfm. No matter which intake we start with.

2) What is the cfm goal you're shooting for again?
3) Will pricing be different if the manifold is non-honed (normal 2.5L V6), single honed (98 SVTs), dual honed (99-00 SVTs), etc?
4) With this new technique you spoke of, is the goal "maximum flow?" Maximum flow is what is wanted by the people interested in the group buy.

and got these answers:
2. We are going to try to reach 225 cfm. Hopefully
3. The cost will be the same for all intakes.
4. Yes the goal is maxium air flow.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
I'm good to go whenever. Having it back before the end of June
would be great. Lets see some final #'s.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
When can we expect a time frame and some flow numbers? I need to know when to get ready.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Count me in too.

Derek, Demon brings up a point I've been wondering about. How will SE UIMs be brought to the same flow rates as the SVT UIMs? I ask because I have an SE UIM that I'm cleaning so that I can send in my SVT one. But IF the flow rates would end up the same it would make a hell of a lot more sense for me to send the SE UIM into Extrude Hone and then sell the SVT one.

Bill '00 SVT Black/Tan
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by EvlBill:
...it would make a hell of a lot more sense for me to send the SE UIM into Extrude Hone and then sell the SVT one.

sssshhhhh! That's what I'm thinking about doing.

I'm going to call EH tomorrow for some flow numbers. I'll ask about their process and (if I can explain it to you) try to clear things up.

I'll finalize a date either this evening or tomorrow.
-Derek

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard