I am putting more wrench time and money into this Show/driver tour, than most of the guys and girls on the CEG.. A handful of other CEG'ers have done the same, and the reason is plain and simple, its a challange, its different and no one else has. Period...Go to some of the more modified tours on here and tell me the lines dont blow other models away., and get you excited, I know it does cause you would not be here other wise...Ford had a winner in terms of its look for the contour, they just could not put it up against the mustang in terms of sales.. From the base model up to the SVT the cars were economic and reliable... Back in the late 90's a 200 HP car was the premire Tour the SVT , now those standards for HP are very very common.. If Ford had the contour as a high performance machine it would have hurt the flagship sports car for them...the mustang... which looks like ass in comparison to a CSVT..Well not the new 05 stang..I have to say that looks really good, for a 2 door...
More and more young people are drivng there own cars now verses driving mom and dads cars. They can afford these cars, hell you can now go and get a SVT for 5,6,7, 8 grand and have a super nice car not to mention the lower models are now selling for 2 grand.... THe tour even at 10 years old looks modern, has a look that did not show its age, and is very very affortable to these younger people. I own 2 now and my brother after seeing ours and seeing all the mods here at the shop went out and bought a SVT back in Boston.. They are great little cars and thanks to our for fathers here at the CEG we now have more stuff to hook up the cars with SO I want to thank you guys with the dreams and determanation to go out and make this possible for the rest of us....