I bought my SVT new, and except for a few problems, have really enjoyed the car. I STILL get compliments on it after all seven* of these years! Even from chicks. It really is a well-designed, nice-looking car. It's not some trendy fad look that goes out of style in a year or two. Plus, you don't see them everywhere like the ricer cars. "Oh wow, another Honda... Whoopee..." Yes, it would be nice if it were easier and cheaper to get some more power out of them, but they're still fun to drive! And there are a fair amount of parts available. Plus, they do handle quite well -- especially with some suspension mods!

One benefit of having a slightly older car, is that damaged ones are now showing up in the pull-it-yourself junkyards. Their prices are a lot lower than the they-pull-it kind, so now it's even less expensive to re-content, etc. In fact, I'm re-contenting my inside door handle lights right now. Anyway, I plan on keeping the car for many more miles of track days, commutes, road trips, etc.

Marty

*Yes, I got the car in May of 1997, so it has been seven years. It was kinda nice having a "new" car for a year-and-a-half!

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"