Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by DanG:
I mis-spoke. Instead of actually "decking" the block again to bring it all even, the shop took a machine file to the area and took the fill-in areas down to deck height. The entire surface was not ground down, only the fill spots, then measured with a gauge to determine tolerance.

Welding to seal the extra vents is not a good idea. You can warp the block deck surface. Just because the machine ship went only "down to deck height" does not mean the "wavy" warped deck doesn't still have some low spots that can mean a future blown head gasket.

JB weld or quicksteel works fine. JB Weld will ooze more, so I installed it, taped over it and rotated the engine stand 180 degrees so that gravity worked with me, not against. I removed the tape and it was rock solid and has held up just fine.

B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
My advice (if you really want to lose them by running a hybrid ) is to tap the holes and plug them with a hex plug. Loctite or JB weld on the threads.

If only that would work. Any hex plug large enough to seal the oil return holes would need to be drilled into the water jacket next to it = no worky. You could try to drill two small ones side by side into the rear edge of the block, but then you'd still need to lay some type of epoxy over them from the top side to seal it off.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard