Originally posted by 1stSVT:
We need not focus all our attention o shaq and kobe. They are good players, but they arnt the laker. The lakers consist more of just 2 players We need to focus on the team as a whole. if ir werent for rush, they would have lost that game.

They didn't focus all their attention on Shaq and Kobe... they let them score and made sure everyone else got defended as opposed to most other teams that double down on Kobe and/or Shaq every time they touch the ball. Malone, Payton, George and Fisher proved the point that if they have to create their own shot as opposed to firing up open jumpers all night the team goes NOWHERE.

And I'm sorry if I'm not understanding you correctly, but are you saying that if it weren't for Kareem Rush going scoreless that Detroit would've lost the game? Come on, man... you're talking about a guy that isn't even averaging 4 points a game in the playoffs in 14 minutes per game... scored 10 or more TWICE in 18 games in the playoffs. Has one good game in the postseason and all of a sudden he's the Laker MVP. I hardly think he's the make-or-break guy for the Lakers.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...