Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by todras:
WTF is that pic. Anywho Steve & I prefer Guiness for sipping but just about anything will do.

Google'd PBR and got that....LMAO

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
In case your curious, had a little learning session with the new digital camera and snapped a couple pics of the shop at Boyne:

And so far, this is the pile of shiz I picked up for supplies (except all my gaskets are still here at home):

heads with cams arrive tomorrow, and shortblock shows up Tuesday, woot!

The garage bay/open area behind that forklift in the 3rd picture is ours Lots of room over there.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
looks like a fun project!

im starting my ATX->MTX swap this week, im doin it myself, and im gonna take my good-ole-time, cause i dont got enough $$$ to do everything i want! i just got my beater running (87 bronco 2) so i cna drive that while the tour is down!

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
See you on sunday.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
So Ryan, how much have you torn down now? Just getting a feel for what we (Todd) needs to do... LOL!

"Speak English... I am speaking Engrish..." Steve Chang 99 Silver SVT Contour #196 (Garaged) 06 Dark Blue Pearl Fusion SE V6 (Daily) 05 Dark Shadow Grey Freestyle Limited AWD
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Fugger better have the ypipe, front bumper, raditor and fans, UIM and LIM, battery & try all gone. Also the rod disconnected at the tranny for the shifter.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I haven't tore anything down yet, just got the car towed down here yesterday.

The shortblock arrives today, so I'll start prepping it (filling oil holes and letting the JB Weld set). Friday I'll only work half-day and start tearing down around noon. I hope to have:

* the front struts out and my ball joints already changed, and the hubs hanging lose ready to pull the axles
* fluids drained
* intake system removed
* plugs and wires and any electrical components I can reach removed
* battery pulled
* shortblock prepped
* install new oil pump, new timing chains, new crank sprockets, heads, cams, timed and ready for the front cover

Hopefully, by the time you guys get here, we'll just have to remove the axles and a few bolts and lift her out. I hope.

I don't know if you guys will want to get started on it Friday night when you get here or wait until Saturday morning to dig in, its entirely up to you guys and how you feel after the drive up.

I've got a wedding ceremony of a close friend to complicate things on Saturday, I beleive its at 3pm.

I was telling Todd, the garage looks pretty well stocked. I walked around there yesterday and they've got drill presses, taps/dies, air tools, a cutting tool, ODB-II scanner, sawzall, cherry pickers, jacks, stands, tons of stuff.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
radiator's gotta come out?

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Umm take a look in your engine bay lately? You have another way to get it out? Mystical powers. This isn't some easy thing.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Yeah not unless you like the chnaces of smashing the radiator on the way out.

In any case it's really easy to remove!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard