Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by outkast:
I like the dog!better than the scoop

You just gave me an idea for the scoop.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by chillduke:
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
dude that looks ghey......

is that good or bad ??????????

It's bad, and he was referring to iamdickie's pictures. Yours are much prettier, but I must say that scoop looks to be pretty far from the intake. Or maybe it's a zetec? Anyway, I'd be curious to see how you routed the air from the scoop to the engine.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
As is it wont put any air into the eninge bay at all. If he made it function and it was facing forward it would bring air in, cool down the engine, and even though its far away from the intake, cooler air in the general area would help. If he puts it backwards and makes it functional it looks like a cowl hood and even then it would function to cool the engine down, which is always a plus. I forget what they're called ( a nacaduct?) but i've seen a guy put one on his contours hood right above/infront of intake, and then put a cover over it, and the same on the otherside. it looked pretty sweet, somewhat similar to the way that the new SS's have theirs.

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Actually, unchannelled airflow into the engine bay via a scoop could make the engine run hotter, as it will decrease the pressure differential across the radiator, resulting in less airflow/cooling of the engine coolant.

You need a sealed duct system from the hood opening to the airbox.

O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
scoops look good molded with a bodykit and 1.5" drop.
You gotta go all the way with it

New Pics of OUTKAST 1!Sept2006
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by WOLF24:
I have never been a fan of stick on scoops. They just look cheap.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by outkast:
I like the dog!better than the scoop

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
not my style......I prefer the WRX STI scoop but to each his own

98 CSVT #4214/6535 Mods: N/A and modded out
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Looks like a $15 ebay hood scoop. Shouldve gotten the original mustang hood scoop! They are a bit expensive but its worth it.

98 CSVT 484/6535,18" MI Rims,Nitto NEO GEN Tires,Pioneer DEH-P7300,Custom Cougar CIA,CF Hood,McCULLOCH HID 6K,Custom painted red calipers,Flowmaster 40s mufflers,Drilled Slot rotors,K&N 9" air filter,Brullen HiFlo Y Pipe & CAT,Magnaflow Res
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
chillduke: your car looks awesome. Very very very

Originally posted by RogerB:
Actually, unchannelled airflow into the engine bay via a scoop could make the engine run hotter, as it will decrease the pressure differential across the radiator, resulting in less airflow/cooling of the engine coolant.

You need a sealed duct system from the hood opening to the airbox.

I never thought about that...
Is this true and verified or just theory?

Anyway, here's BLACKWIDDOWSVTT's car:

You've done quite a few minor touches, and it looks good!

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard