Next Thread
Print Thread
#954185 05/13/04 01:06 AM
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
hi guys i replaced three mounts that my mechanic told me was bad in turn found out that there was 4 so i replaced all except the front mount in which i replaced twice the first won ripped in 6 months then the stealership replaced that one for free now this year i replaced them all except the front i thought would be good now i have just notice that the front mount has ripped again no i am back to square one i don't no if my mechanic is giving it to me or what now i am hoping the remaining mount that was just put in has ripped also looking for any good suggestion because i am running out of dough to keep getting mounts need good advise if anyone has any good news please respond

R.A
#954186 05/13/04 03:31 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
When engine mounts are replaced they need to be adjusted. If they are not adjusted they may be under stress and fail again. Failure to adjust them properly can even damage the drive axles. Don't know what else would cause early failure except abuse.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard