Originally posted by mbb41:
We had mine hooked to the OBDII and my fan came on @ 211 IIRC. Cruiseing temp was 199 and that was the M. 211 was at the high end of L. Bearing in mind everyones guage is surely different.

Was that your LOW speed cooling fan? I've owned my Tour since Dec 03, it's staring to warm up now and seeing the Temp guage creep toward the L while sitting in city traffic is terrifying. I thought I had a problem with low speed cooling fan (maybe there is) because of the high temp but I have tested by jumping Pins 3 and 5 on the fan relay, fan powered up, unless there is a problem with my Coolant Temp Sens
High temp fan works as well, tested by unpluging Coolant Temp Sens. Still unsure if the AUTO mode is working.

On an HIJACKING note , I know the low speed fan should come on when the AC is engaged, mine dosen't but my AC is not working either. Question is if the AC is not working because of AC system charge well the low speed fan still activate when you take your HVAC to MAX AC?

Thanks

Now back to our regular scheduled program.

Last edited by TOURing; 05/15/04 11:25 AM.

____________________ 96 GL Sport 2.0L Zetec ATX Custom Focus Intake MSD Blaster DIS Coil ____________________