Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
lou malinatis pizza is better chicago pizza ...

2006 KIA RIO LX 5-speed 2003 Escape 3.0L wifes
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
How about the ESPN Zone or Disney?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Diamonds Gentleman's Club on North Ave.

2001 BMW 325i Sport, Stickshift '96 Mercury Mystique V6 *TOTALLED* For sale: Alpine CDA-9811 Eclipse Amplifier Pioneer Tweeters
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by MercuryMystik99:
Diamonds Gentleman's Club on North Ave.

Can I get a detailed review?

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
I
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Originally posted by ibub:
I live right in the shadow of the sears tower. let me know where you're staying & I'll get you a list of local, non-tourist places. best thing to do is get weekend CTA (transit) pass, & you can move around real well. Also, grab a copy of the Chicago Reader as soon as you arrive. It's a free paper with clubs/restaurants, etc. Scarlett's is the closest strip club to downtown. Never been inside, but my former neighbor "danced" there, and she was .

There are some Italian deli's on Taylor street that will have Scala's or even better products. There's also one on Wells near Grand av. I recommend Burghoff's. It's a german restaurant that's been around for more than 100 years, and they brew their own beer, very good! For hotdogs, Gold Coast is okay, Weiner's Circle on Clark is good, SRO on Dearborn is very good. Demon Dogs is not very good, but a lot of people go there. The best Italian beef is not near downtown, but Al's is okay. There are some good bars near Wrigley Field. Ton's of clubs and restaurants in the Bucktown/Wicker Park area. Chicago pizza? If you want deep-dish, Pizzeria Uno or Pizzaria Due'. Geno's East is pretty good too.

There's some "trendy" shopping on Oak St. just west of Michigan av. Michigan av itself is a major shopping area with a mix of boutiques and vertical malls.

If you want good Italian food, Trattoria Caterina on Dearborn.

3 days just isn't enough time.

Finally, someone with some culture.

Recommendations to the Cheesecake Factory which is chain restaruant is not what I'm looking for.

Ibub you know exactly what I'm looking for. My buddy has a monthly bus-pass so I assume we will be doing that. I'm defintiely looking for some good times and I know 3-days isnt enough. Would have made it longer but the plane ticket is cheap out there so I plan on heading back out Late Sept. before the snow starts falling.

Any other things you suggest that I did not have on my must see list? I am defintiely hitting Nike-Town as I'm a shoe/Jordan fanatic!

Shopping looks to be in the neighborhood of Lincoln Park, Armitage St. (Am I in the boutiqe area if I head there?)

Chicago is really a bunch a neighborhoods. Lincoln Park area has some shopping, clubs and bars. If you want to check out live music, get a listing for Martyrs or Double Door. check www.chicagoreader.com they'll have tons of info. If you're going to be at Niketown, Sony is next door, and Apple has a nice store there. If you're in Lincoln Park, make sure to visit the lakefront and the zoo.

contours, deloreans & fiats, oh my!
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Alright I live downtown and I can give you the skinny....Ed Debevics, Giordanos, totally tourist. Strip Clubs....your outta luck they all suck either they are noit fully naked or they are naked and dont serve alcohol. Good steaks the Chop House is good, also the Kinzie chop house is good, Harry Carey's a little touristy but good steaks and great atmosphere. Best hot dogs lots of places I like Demon Dogs on fullerton under the El. Beef Sandwiches gotta go to Mr. Beef without a doubt it is on Orleans.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
If you don't mind heading north and you like ribs, the Twin Anchors has some AMAZING bbq ribs... its on Sedgwick at Concord (?)... the main cross street is North St., its just north of there.

North of North. ha.

Diesel owns you
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
definitey good ribs at Twin Acres!!!!!

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
How could I forget Pequod's Pizza on Clyborne and Webster.....this stuff is awesome!!!

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Just find your local CEG'ers & they will point you in the right directions

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard