Originally posted by ibub:
I live right in the shadow of the sears tower. let me know where you're staying & I'll get you a list of local, non-tourist places. best thing to do is get weekend CTA (transit) pass, & you can move around real well. Also, grab a copy of the Chicago Reader as soon as you arrive. It's a free paper with clubs/restaurants, etc. Scarlett's is the closest strip club to downtown. Never been inside, but my former neighbor "danced" there, and she was .

There are some Italian deli's on Taylor street that will have Scala's or even better products. There's also one on Wells near Grand av. I recommend Burghoff's. It's a german restaurant that's been around for more than 100 years, and they brew their own beer, very good! For hotdogs, Gold Coast is okay, Weiner's Circle on Clark is good, SRO on Dearborn is very good. Demon Dogs is not very good, but a lot of people go there. The best Italian beef is not near downtown, but Al's is okay. There are some good bars near Wrigley Field. Ton's of clubs and restaurants in the Bucktown/Wicker Park area. Chicago pizza? If you want deep-dish, Pizzeria Uno or Pizzaria Due'. Geno's East is pretty good too.

There's some "trendy" shopping on Oak St. just west of Michigan av. Michigan av itself is a major shopping area with a mix of boutiques and vertical malls.

If you want good Italian food, Trattoria Caterina on Dearborn.

3 days just isn't enough time.

Finally, someone with some culture.

Recommendations to the Cheesecake Factory which is chain restaruant is not what I'm looking for.

Ibub you know exactly what I'm looking for. My buddy has a monthly bus-pass so I assume we will be doing that. I'm defintiely looking for some good times and I know 3-days isnt enough. Would have made it longer but the plane ticket is cheap out there so I plan on heading back out Late Sept. before the snow starts falling.

Any other things you suggest that I did not have on my must see list? I am defintiely hitting Nike-Town as I'm a shoe/Jordan fanatic!

Shopping looks to be in the neighborhood of Lincoln Park, Armitage St. (Am I in the boutiqe area if I head there?)

Last edited by Fmr12B; 05/12/04 06:21 PM.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown