Print Thread
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:
How necessary are the hood pins? and I know you said that they will already have a clearcoat, would that be able to be painted, ad then through on another clear? want it to match the car. more sleeper-style

I missed the second part of this question, yes you can paint it. All you would have to do is scuff the clear and respray.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
so what is the total cost of the hood going to be????? with shipping and handling and all??

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
thanks livinsvt for addressing these questions.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
alright guys.. im set!! thanx for everything!!! let me know when u think they will get shipped.. hopefully soon so i dont have to roll with a differnt color hood

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by phattysvt:
alright guys.. im set!! thanx for everything!!! let me know when u think they will get shipped.. hopefully soon so i dont have to roll with a differnt color hood

Glad we could help. Be sure to post pics.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I was just thinking about needing hoodpins and how it would detract from the overall appearance, but how they would also be needed for high speed driving. So why exactly would hoodpins be necessary for an OEM spec hood? Seems strange that the light weight would make it rattle that much if it fits perfectly.
..and just to ramble on:
I want a CF hood with air vents!!

-1998.5 Contour SE V6 ATX. PM me to tell me of a welder that can craft me a modified Y pipe in the Los Angeles area! OR I may be willing to buy a 3 flange modified Y.
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by funkmastermike:
I was just thinking about needing hoodpins and how it would detract from the overall appearance, but how they would also be needed for high speed driving. So why exactly would hoodpins be necessary for an OEM spec hood? Seems strange that the light weight would make it rattle that much if it fits perfectly.
..and just to ramble on:
I want a CF hood with air vents!!

Well the fact that it is lightweight is why it can have a tendency to rattle at high speeds w/ no pins. The fit has nothing to do with that. A factory hood weighs considerably more, thus not allowing air to have its way with it.

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
according to our head designer, it would take a "catastrophic blow" to the hood for the latch to come undone from the hood... even then, just as a safety measure, we strongly recommend hood pins.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Just wanted to say I recieved my hood, and I am really impressed....
The quality of this thing is top notch....finish is beautiful...well worth the money.
I haven't put it on my car yet....lack of time...but I have no concerns, if it fits half as good as it looks.
I also want to thank "livinsvt" he's a good honest guy you can trust...easy to deal with, I never once was concerned about my money.
Thanks again.....when do we get the trunk...."less weigh is great"!!
mikey

99 SVT (Black) # 2642 of 2760 So Many Mods...So Little Time!!
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Good to hear Mikey. I new you would like it. Now take some time off and put that thing on, than take lots o pics
Live a little...LOL!

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard