Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by dallasb84:
after i get the short rams out. i will be working on a carbon heat shield that seals the area off. but there will be cold air intakes avialable after the short rams are done.

So you are having the short ram intake done first? From what I understand this will include a replacement for the accordian tube and a MAF adapter? When you produce the CAI I am assuming it will be just like the rest of the current market and attach to a MAF adapter?

Justin Schmidt 2000 SVT Tour #1620 of 2150 Born 1/15/2000
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
right. i am making the short ram, then heat shield. i guess you could say you can upgrade the existing short ram to the cold air as the cold air extension will connect to the maf directly. the cold air kit will have the short ram and the cold air extension. you can buy the cold air extension separately as well. and if you want a heat shield for the short ram i will design one and have it sent out for reproduction and then release those. so whos in on this?

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
right. i am making the short ram, then heat shield. i guess you could say you can upgrade the existing short ram to the cold air as the cold air extension will connect to the maf directly. the cold air kit will have the short ram and the cold air extension. you can buy the cold air extension separately as well. and if you want a heat shield for the short ram i will design one and have it sent out for reproduction and then release those. so whos in on this?

Well how will prices go? If I purchase the items as they are made ie. short ram then extention will I end up paying more then if I would just wait for your CAI kit to come out?

D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
jms,
if you want something a little different and want something custom made. like have the maf in a different place that is possible too. but for the cold air kits id like to get alot of them ordered so the price will be cheap so that there can be a better market for parts for 2.5 owners. if you require something different pm me and i can get it for you. of course payment will be upfront for it since it will be custom made. but be rest assured this will be quality and your moneys worth.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
jms,
if you want something a little different and want something custom made. like have the maf in a different place that is possible too. but for the cold air kits id like to get alot of them ordered so the price will be cheap so that there can be a better market for parts for 2.5 owners. if you require something different pm me and i can get it for you. of course payment will be upfront for it since it will be custom made. but be rest assured this will be quality and your moneys worth.

Not looking for anything custom made. Just looking for something better then what I have! I was this close to purchasing the GMK intake honestly, then I saw your GB. I am in no hurry, just the thought of a CF intake sounded neat.

Anyway, like I said I eventually want a CAI. I am under the impression that your CAI kit is going to replace everything from the TB down? If you are making the short ram intake first, which is the replacement for the accordian tube and a MAF adapter. I will buy that. I am also assuming that your CAI is going to be the same as your short ram but with an extention from the MAF adapter? Please correct me if I am wrong. I also want this. I was just curious if it I will save money by waiting for the whole thing or just buy the short ram first then when the extention is done buy that?

Hope I didnt ramble to much....kinda late

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
of course I'm in
~darp~

Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬N:
I can do anything if i can find that powder .

D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
i totally understand. yeah they will all be kinda the same. the cold air extension will work with the shorty pipe. the shorty is what replaces the accordian. then the carbon maf will be replaced with the cold air extension. for the cold air kit. you can buy the cold air extension separate from the cold air kit if you want to upgrade the short ram. i hope this answers your question. remeber im not doing this to make money just getting great prices in a bad market. i dont think youd lose money buying the short ram and then buying the extension since the prices will be relavent to how much it cost me to get them made.

K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Just wanted to say I am still interested in the CAI.

1999 Silver Ford SVT Contour Assembled 08/06/1999 - #2555 of 2760 formerly known as flummox
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
i would like to see some pics of the cold air intake. will it look like speed demons injen intake or is it like the one on the link. i would love the intake to look like speed demons injen prototype .

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by svtkid04:
i would like to see some pics of the cold air intake. will it look like speed demons injen intake or is it like the one on the link. i would love the intake to look like speed demons injen prototype .

THIS was the one on NECO. Seeing as though the MAF and all that is gonna be Carbon Fiber you can just get a mental picture of the outcome...

~darp~

Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬N:
I can do anything if i can find that powder .

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard