Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
yeah i saw those intakes they are very nice. but i am not partial to the way they made them. the shape is exquisite, but if they used a carbon fiber sleeve rather than making them with sheet you wouldnt see the begining and end of the fabric. the intakes im getting will be made from 3k fiber twill weave sleeve and there will be no edge visible. even though this has nothing to do with strenght the sleeve is also more durable since stress will be carried evenly through the part. i think the gmk intakes look great and so will the ones i can get. ill also be able to get the short rams too. think of it like this. you have a mandrel and instead of wrapping a sheet around it and wet laying. the sleeve is pulled over the mandrel keeping a consistant fabric thickness. sleeve is also more expensive for the reason its manufactured for a certain range of diameter. just a few pointers in the process thats involved here. as soon as i can get finished pictures ill post them and take orders. by all means if you need one right now go with the gmk they have a great reputation that i dont have yet. just remember after i get all the R&D done we take take a big order and depostits and get a cheaper price. right now its high because we have had to get a mandrel made (basically a mold) get the custom order for the sleeve and epoxy. just my two cents. i would just like a list of people that are interested in waiting this out and getting these ones. id like at least 10 units cold air and short ram combined. before i get this going. thanks guys. were looking at a price that ive invested being around 175 to 200 ish also these will have a carbon fiber maf adapter. that might be a little unique.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Quote:

these will have a carbon fiber maf adapter. that might be a little unique.

*dies*

Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬N:
I can do anything if i can find that powder .

D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
is that a bad thing???? if i had a tig i could make the aluminum ones but i dont and the buisness that is making these deals in just carbon. i want to utilize all carbon fiber in this and i think a carbon fiber maf adapter would be awesome. i like the idea of the cold air extension matting right up to the maf sensor rather than using a metal one. just a idea i think would be cool.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by dallasb84:
is that a bad thing???? if i had a tig i could make the aluminum ones but i dont and the buisness that is making these deals in just carbon. i want to utilize all carbon fiber in this and i think a carbon fiber maf adapter would be awesome. i like the idea of the cold air extension matting right up to the maf sensor rather than using a metal one. just a idea i think would be cool.

I agree If I could get a Carbon fiber replacement for my accordian tube, MAF adapter and CAI I would do the whole thing, just my opinion though

Justin Schmidt 2000 SVT Tour #1620 of 2150 Born 1/15/2000
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
I tried going through the fender several times.

Its not really practical. It still requires cutting alot of metal. All of which are structual supports for the fender and bumper.

Plus install requires you remove the fender, bumper, wheel and fenderliner!

Cougar V6 MTX: GMK Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake : SVT UIM : SVT LIM : SVT TB : MSDS Headers & Ypipe : TruBendz 2.5" Borla Single Exhaust : Soild Front Motor Mount : & more
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by dallasb84:
is that a bad thing????

its a great thing...Its what I've been wanting for some time...
~darp~

Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬N:
I can do anything if i can find that powder .

#951386 05/25/04 10:28 AM
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
just sent the drafts for the maf adapter out to the manufacturer and the specs for the short ram. i have the bends for the cold air kits made and the carbon shafts made for me at present. i asked the manufacturer to rush on the short ram kit. both adapter and the shorty pipe make up the short ram kit. shorty pipe is 2.5 inside diameter and the maf adapter is 2 3/4 diameter. a normal cone filter should fit over the pipe just fine since the shafts will be almost .07 thick. fitment with a normal filter will leave almost .5 inch to the edge of the hood compartment. will look similar but not exactly like the cheap aluminum hard pipes u see on ebay. the shorty has bung holes (ha ha) for the two pcv and 3/4 in hoses so they can clamp on. there will be no hole for the ait sensor. you can dremel it out your self or drill a .5 inch hole and sand the slots for the tangs. i do this because i think some people might want flexibility for this sensor in placement. its not lazyness on my part but just gives the buyer more flexibility. when the prototype is complete i will post pics and will list deposit price and final price and take them. units will be shipped all at once from me to the buyer. who ever wants these needs to jump on this and ill give a window for those interested since i will not over order. yes they will be available anytime its just this makes them cheaper for the more units i can get on this first group buy. payments must be made by end of the stated window which will vary upon manufacturers (not mine) request. im looking for at least 10 units to go. if i can get this number of orders i garantee the final price of the item will be a great price and will make competators sit uneasy in their chairs. i cannot give one at this time but for a 100% carbon fiber intake system and 100% carbon maf adapter. if i hit 10 orders i will pick up the shipping costs as a added bonus whatever that may be.

#951387 05/25/04 02:25 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Sounds good to me...

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by FreeProjectPat:
I'd like one through the fender...

I'm in. I can't use one in Texas unless it gets cool air through the fender, too much heat soak. And I don't want to relocate my battery.

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
after i get the short rams out. i will be working on a carbon heat shield that seals the area off. but there will be cold air intakes avialable after the short rams are done.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard