Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Quick question--in your gauge tutorial, you said to replace the 5 bulbs in the cluster. When I put in ELGlows, it appeared like there were alot more than 5 twist sockets on the back of the cluster. Am I seeing things, or are those blue-green knobs on the back of the cluster something else? AND, since you have to twist the wires on the LED's so they will light, is there any problems with them coming loose and not lighting.? I really like the LED's better than the ELGlows, just not sure about the above questions.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
P
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
P
I just paid... cannot wait!

95 Ford Contour SE ATX:-( 84K V6 95 Mercury Mystique GS MTX 134K V6
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Quick question--in your gauge tutorial, you said to replace the 5 bulbs in the cluster. When I put in ELGlows, it appeared like there were alot more than 5 twist sockets on the back of the cluster. Am I seeing things, or are those blue-green knobs on the back of the cluster something else? AND, since you have to twist the wires on the LED's so they will light, is there any problems with them coming loose and not lighting.? I really like the LED's better than the ELGlows, just not sure about the above questions.

I think those other sockets are for the turn signal bulbs, seat belt, gas light, etc... I just did this last week, the bulbs are held pretty tight by the sockets, you just have to twist the wires to get them to line up right. I don't know if I explained that well, but basically I would be surprised if the bulbs came loose.

Tan 98 Contour V6 ATX -BAT intake, SVT exhaust, SVT suspension, Stazi brakes, superchip, opt TB, opt Y "Max Power never abbreviates, each letter is as important as the one that preceeded it. Maybe even MORE important... no, as important."
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Just sent payment for footwell 6led bulbs (2).

Thanks a million

Ivan Castano

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Max Power:

I think those other sockets are for the turn signal bulbs, seat belt, gas light, etc... I just did this last week, the bulbs are held pretty tight by the sockets, you just have to twist the wires to get them to line up right. I don't know if I explained that well, but basically I would be surprised if the bulbs came loose.

OK, so how do you know which is which?

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Okay everyone the Group buy is coming to a close in only two days the last day is the 30th. I am ordering on the 31st. Get your orders in while you can!!!

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by auiotour:
Okay everyone the Group buy is coming to a close in only two days the last day is the 30th. I am ordering on the 31st. Get your orders in while you can!!!

I've decided I want to do this. Few questions first:
1. Reference your pix--are you using bright or vivid?
2. I'm leaning toward bright BUT since you have no control over the brightness--(I'm assuming the dimmer switch won't work with LED's)--are the brights distracting at night?
3. I have ELGlow gauges. Would you recommend keeping them in or removing them? They're a nice blue but not as BLUE as the LED's would make them.
4. I want the needles to be RED. Would you suggest getting red #74 LED's for that and if so, how much more over the $30 kit price?

Thanks, I'll be waiting and I'll send you the money as soon as you reply.

Last edited by wa2tuff; 05/29/04 02:52 AM.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by auiotour:

I've decided I want to do this. Few questions first:
1. Reference your pix--are you using bright or vivid?
2. I'm leaning toward bright BUT since you have no control over the brightness--(I'm assuming the dimmer switch won't work with LED's)--are the brights distracting at night?
3. I have ELGlow gauges. Would you recommend keeping them in or removing them? They're a nice blue but not as BLUE as the LED's would make them.
4. I want the needles to be RED. Would you suggest getting red #74 LED's for that and if so, how much more over the $30 kit price?

Thanks, I'll be waiting and I'll send you the money as soon as you reply.

1. mine are vivid.
2. bright is better, unless you get head aches easy. dimmer doesn't work, it would be the difference of a 510 ohm to a 511 ohm resistor, barely noticable.
3. I would leave them, I am buying some soon, well EL sheets, and making the gauges myself.
4. red can be substituted in, just make sure you tell me that when you send your paypal payment in.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Money for the vivid blue kit-red #74 LED's for the needles-
and extra for the door handle lights--sent via Paypal.
I'm looking forward to putting all this together . As has been previously said, You Rock. Thanks for putting this out there for us.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Just sent my PayPal to you. I want the Bright Blue kit with the Door Handle Lights and Fog Light Indicator also in blue. Also, can I pick them up from you man that would also be a good time for us to meet up. Let me know.

"I guess of all my uncles, I liked Uncle Cave Man the best. We called him Uncle Cave Man because he lived in a cave and because sometimes he'd eat one of us. Later on we found out he was a bear" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/586498/1
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard