Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Hdbngr8 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Ryan, you are in luck. The job is not very difficult. You will need a regular screwdriver and a 1/4" allen wrench. Remove the intake boot and disconnect any hoses that might get in the way. Look just under the right head and you will see a pipe plug - it is a 1/4"-NPT. The difficult part is getting it out, the location makes it difficult to turn the wrench. I used the box end of a combination wrench to add a bigger moment arm to the allen wrench. It will take a few turns and a little muscle, but it will come out. I don't believe you will be able to attach a sender directly to the hole - don't think there is anyway for you to safely tighten it. I used an 18" length of Earl's stainless hose and remote mounte the sending unit. If you are slow and unsure I'll estimate it will take you about an hour to remove the stuff that's in the way, remove the plug, install the line, and put the intake boot back on. Good luck with it!

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Hdbngr8 is right about the location and it being a [censored] to get the plug out i have had my gauges in for a while but not hooked up for that reason and im not sure if anybody else will have this problem but my sending unit was actually smaller than the head plug hole so i have to get a damn fitting to make it work, but it will be in soon

E0 silver #185 *3L hybrid+lots of mods DYNO(moderate tune): 205 whp/ 190ftlb http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/449801
H
Hdbngr8 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
If you are planning on adding a water temp. gage, you should go ahead and do it while you are installing your new oil press. sending unit. Everything you need out of the way for oil press. sender is the same for the coolant temp. You should be able to get a 11/16" socket wrench in to remove the original Ford coolant temp. sender.

H
Hdbngr8 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Yes, my hose and sending unit both were smaller (1/8" NPT). You can get a 1/4" to 1/8" NPT bushing at most any hardware store.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard