Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Back In Black
OP Offline
Back In Black
W
But, the Carerra GT has to be one of the coolest sounding cars on the planet.
Right Click & Save As

I did a search and didn't find this, so if it's a repost.... SO WHAT.
-Mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I'm not a huge fan of Porsche as well, but that sounds wicked. Nice vid.. I cant believe how fast it wraps the rpms..awesome!

-Ken

'00 svt #1485/2150 Precision SC6152E .63 a/r, PnP Heads, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Blitz BOV, HKS EBC, and HKS TT, Koni's Front/Rear, 19" Centerline RPMs, SPEC Stage 5 Clutch and Flywheel, DMD, Intrax, LoTek w/ Water Temp, Oil Press., EGT, Boost Gauge
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Why don't you guys like Porsche?!

It revs so quick b/c they use some sort of direct shaft or something, i dont remember the exact technology, but it has no flywheel, so there's no reciprocating mass, so there's nothing to slow the revs on either the up or down motion.

Diesel owns you
W
Back In Black
OP Offline
Back In Black
W
Originally posted by mbSVT:

It revs so quick b/c they use some sort of direct shaft or something, i dont remember the exact technology, but it has no flywheel, so there's no reciprocating mass, so there's nothing to slow the revs on either the up or down motion.

It uses a 198mm diameter ceramic clutch pack which the flywheel is integral similar to a LMP or F1 car.

As for not liking Porsche, aside from the GT1 & the C-GT I don't like the vehicle dynamics, looks, interior, and that god awful sounding Boxer 6 engine.

Granted, this is my opinion I'm not saying anyone needs to conform to it.
-Mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by WorldTour:
Originally posted by mbSVT:

It uses a 198mm diameter ceramic clutch pack which the flywheel is integral similar to a LMP or F1 car.

As for not liking Porsche, aside from the GT1 & the C-GT I don't like the vehicle dynamics, looks, interior, and that god awful sounding Boxer 6 engine.

Granted, this is my opinion I'm not saying anyone needs to conform to it.
-Mark

You have obviously never seen the older style porsche's. They are a thing of beauty as well as a vivid part of racing history.

You do realize that porche also developed the motor for the svt? And that the engineering of porsche is far superior to anything ford has done.

I personally perfer the sound of the boxer 6 engine to our sound.

Not trying to argue or change your opinion just stating my opinion as well.

98' Contour SVT lots of go fast mods check em out: http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg285m/
W
Back In Black
OP Offline
Back In Black
W
I have been around many vintage through current models of Porsches including full out racing cars. Aside from work in an aftermarket parts distributor I also worked for GingerMan Raceway for awhile. I have worked various PCA events, did volunteer driving instruction (in one instance in a '97 911 Turbo ending up stuffed into a wall with me in the passenger seat) I have had the opportunity to experience many aspects of what is "Porsche"

I respect Porsche's quality, performance and it's heritage, but doesn't mean I like their cars. I find them boring, overengineered, about as original as a Morgan, and the Boxer 6 still sounds like crap. I think Jeremy Clarkson summed Porsches up and my views coincide with his summary.
Quote:

At Porsche, detail is God. Detail is everything. Good enough is never good enough. Others do things right. Porsche does things better, and then they spend two hours telling you how. It's why Porsches are so very, very good. And so unbelievably dull.

I am also very aware that the Duratec engines were developped in part by Porsche.

-Mark

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
WORLDTOUR & CFCSVT, Why you be Porsche Haters?

Its so not right! So intolerant!

You gota roll wid da Big Dogs,ALLLIIIIGGGHHHTTT.

Peace my Tour Bros.

I felt the same way Back in Da day,but I was enlightened by the passage of time and the Obvious truth in it.

"Every Porsche Ever Made Is A Race Car"

01 PORSCHE 996 Merdian/Black Full Aero Fabspeed mufflers Fabspeed CAI B & M shifter 96 GL MTX Zetec 2.0 White/Blue Blaupunkdt Houston K & N Drop in/Koni Kit 18"RageEnduros/Flowmaster 40 Series
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
great, awesome mota

www.m-p-g.co.uk was steventrace
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by supertouringmike:
WORLDTOUR & CFCSVT, Why you be Porsche Haters?

Its so not right! So intolerant!

You gota roll wid da Big Dogs,ALLLIIIIGGGHHHTTT.

Peace my Tour Bros.

I felt the same way Back in Da day,but I was enlightened by the passage of time and the Obvious truth in it.

"Every Porsche Ever Made Is A Race Car"

Its rather obvious that your money came from an inheritence.

Diesel owns you
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I'm a Porsche fan and that car is awesome one day I will own a Porsche and I hope it's soon.

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard