Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
no such thing as a non-dusting pads...all pads dust, some less than others. mine are a low dust pad but they still dust. Just putting this out there so I'm not buying back pads when people see dust on there wheels

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by patman:
no such thing as a non-dusting pads...all pads dust, some less than others. mine are a low dust pad but they still dust. Just putting this out there so I'm not buying back pads when people see dust on there wheels

I understand that. I just don't want pads that are similiar to OEM pads. NOTHING LOOKS WORSE THAN A CLEAN CAR WITH FILTHY FRONT RIMS. IT'S DISGUSTING.

Also, patman, on the www.centricparts.com site, there is a picture of a rotor with the pad outline (figure 5) under "technical support"--but more importantly, the disc has rust in the slots. Is this rust something we will have to worry about/put up with? I'm really ready to do this, I'm just very anal about how my car looks.

Just a couple more questions: who makes the s/s brake lines? And do they have the strut mount bushings on them? Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by wa2tuff; 05/09/04 04:29 AM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I cannot tell you for sure the dust level compared to OEM as I have never had a Contour with OEM pads. If it is a low dusting pad your looking for rather than one that performs well, See if you can find an Akebono ProACT Ceramic pad....These are supposed to be low dust pads.
As for the rusty slots, I have slotted rotors on my truck and there is no rust to be found anywhere on the rotor. I also have high dust pads, so the slots are coated with a layer of dust. I imagine that you could simply paint the slots with black BBQ paint to prevent rust from appearing. It doesn't matter if you get paint on the friction surface because it will burn off in a couple days. I'm not quite sure what to tell you other than I design my kits with performance in mind, not appearance.

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by patman:
If it is a low dusting pad your looking for rather than one that performs well, See if you can find an Akebono ProACT Ceramic pad....These are supposed to be low dust pads.

Akebono ProACT Ceramic Pads for your 1999 Ford Contour LX

Front fitment
Material: Ceramic
Note: Front brake pads.
$63.00 (axle set)
Estimated Availability: In Stock

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I appreciate the info but as you can see, I have a 2000 SVT. I'll try a website to see if they are available for my car. Thanks again.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Its kinda hard to find pads for SVTs made after 5/99 because that pad doesn't fit anything else except that last year of SVT contours. The only difference between those and the earlier ones is that the later models use a sensor wire. I can get you guys the sensor wires if you can only get the earlier pads, all you've got to do is drill a little hole in the pad to make the later model pad. I've actually got some Posiquiet pads that I could send out to someone on monday...check out how the dusting is and post the results...pay me if you like 'em, chuck 'em if you don't. Let me know

P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I've got two people to commit and pay me and they will be taken care of...otherwise, I will close this GB next weekend. If anyone wants a set of rotors or the whole kit or whatever, email me this week and I will get a set and hold it for you. Pat@stopitbrakes.com

P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
What happened....where'd everybody go?

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I ordered the mini kit today, Pat says should ship by Monday. If his products are anything like his customer service, I should be very pleased. He answered all my emails promptly and thoroughly and seems to know his products very well. Can't wait to see the finished products. I'd like to have gotten a big brake kit but the cash just isn't there.

P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I think I've earned that...Thank you, I appreciate it!

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard