Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
P
P
Patman-

I am thinking about getting these for my CSVT and I was following a similar GB you posted on the Avalanche page a few days ago. The thread is gone; what happened?

P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
All my posts on the Avalanche site got pulled because I "violated" some code of ethics when I told someone that he was freakin' nuts because he was gonna spend $1200 on pads and rotors from AC Delco Durastop....I guess those guys don't want deals, fine, screw 'em.

I got the deal on stainless lines. $80 for a set of four, $45 for just the two fronts. Lets see how many want in on this because this price is for 10 or more sets. I'll put it up on Ebay to buy if there is interest.

P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
OK heres the "budget upgrade kit" package deals...

Front and rear slotted rotors
Front and rear Axxis Metal Master Pads
Front and rear Stainless Steel Braided Lines
and a bonus STOP IT Performance brakes sticker (if I get them made in time)

$350 for all 4 wheel disc cars

FRONT ONLY
slotted rotors (the black ones)
Axxis Metal Master Pads
Stainless Lines

$180 for Non-SVT cars

It'll take me about 3 days to get the lines made, so let me know this week and I can get things on the UPS truck by the middle of next week.

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
how much more are the dot approved ss lines

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Those prices are with dot approved SS lines, I've decided that its safer bet to only go with those because if someone wrecks there car and blames it on the brake lines, I won't get sued.

P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
You guys are tough, I got a call from the Better Business Bureau today, scared the crap out of me until he told me what it was about. A couple of you from the CEG called to find out if I was full of crap or not, and apparently the BBB had no clue. Well either way, thanks to those of you who did, I had a nice talk with some !@#$% @ the BBB who tried (and succeeded) in selling me a membership for $365. Comon now...help me out. OK heres what I'll do: for the 1st 5 people who buy something from me, I'll charge you 1/2 up front, and trust you to pay me the other half when you receive, and are satisfied with the parts. If this isn't cool I don't know what is.

V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
A call from the BBB? Wow, I guess we are a tough crowd.

I'm ordering my pads and lines tomorrow (I would've already, but grad school=no credit cards for now) and am studying every sentence and diagram of the service CD to ease the installation when they arrive.

I've already got the rotors just sitting in the back seat waiting....

To everyone who has stock rims and needs a brake upgrade, you'd be hard-pressed to match this deal.

I'd like to think of this as a stepping stone to new product development for our cars. (i.e. future Stoptech kit...)

-Chuck Dienzo Black 98.5 E1 SVT #5022 of 6535 Born on March 16, 1998 "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Thanks Chuck, Email me your address and I'll fire the pads out on Friday. I have to wait for a FEW MORE PEOPLE before I go ahead and spend the money to get the minimum, 10 sets of lines made, and you'll be the first to get a set. Let me know the production date of your SVT so I get you the right pads. Mail me a check for everything when you get the lines.

P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather- not screaming and cursing, like his passengers."

This is good...I like that....and I talked to stoptech, still grinding them on prices but they said they'd develop a kit if there were 15 commitment....real commitments because this stuff ain't cheap and I'm not about to get stuck with 15 big brake kits that nobody wants.

V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Here are pics (sorry, they're kind of dark) of the rotors that I bought from Pat:

The fronts...

The rears...

-Chuck Dienzo Black 98.5 E1 SVT #5022 of 6535 Born on March 16, 1998 "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard