Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by patman:

....I'm open for any more suggestions that anyone might have.
-

ooh, ooh, big brake kit! And maybe a price for SS lines.

*edit* Page 3- HA!

Last edited by vudusvt; 05/04/04 04:28 AM.

-Chuck Dienzo Black 98.5 E1 SVT #5022 of 6535 Born on March 16, 1998 "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Let me talk to my boys at STOPTECH and see how many orders they need to develop a big brake kit and how much....and my man over at Technafit and see what I can do on stainless lines...what else do you guys want...brakes, suspension, bring it on.
There will be a post up here tomorrow afternoon from one of the long time members telling everyone how BADASS my deal is on the rotors. I really need everyone who is interested to start buying this stuff because I bought up a bunch of these rotors and my bill is due with my supplier this week and its gonna be tight. I'm givin' you guys a smokin' deal so please, help me out this next week.

A
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
A
It looks like this is really coming together. I am very interested now. If you can get a final price on some good quality pads along with the rotors for an 98 SVT that would be great. I havent been able to look at the E-bay site. And what would be the best method of payment? You may have said before, I just may have overlooked it.

V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Hey guys,

Just picked up my rotors from Pat. The workmanship looks top-notch, and after comparing available prices (OE & our tiny aftermarket- BAT) for stock-sized rotors, I must say that this is a great price.

This ain't no mom & pop operation either, Pat seems to have access to every friction-related car part on the market- foreign and domestic.

Hopefully my experience will help to alleviate any qualms about dealing with Pat.

I'll be picking up a set of pads and hopefully some SS lines from him this week.

*Any SoCal CEGers, if you need rotors, I'd urge you to get in on this. Got Q's? PM me.

I'll post pics if you guys want.

-Chuck Dienzo Black 98.5 E1 SVT #5022 of 6535 Born on March 16, 1998 "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
the svt pads are axxis? i didnt know they made pads for us. any way to make a mini brake kit: pads, rotors, ss lines? stoptech is some serious money. that would have to be some discount.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Mini kit is in the works, my stainless line guy wasn't in the shop today but I should here from him tomorrow. I know he doesn't make the parts yet, but I should have them developed by the end of the week. I'll put together some a kit for SVTs and NON SVT four wheel disc cars as well as a kit front kit for those of you with rear drums as soon as I see my cost on the stainless lines. Do you guys care if the lines are DOT approved or not? The reason I ask is because I can do the non approved lines for a bit less than the DOT lines, the only difference is a clear plastic sleeve on the outside over the stainless braid. I'll have prices up here on the kits by the end of the week.

P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
All right, here is the link to the CEG exclusive VIP section of my ebay store. I've got pads and rotors up there now, I should have the lines up by the end of the week. I've already got the rotors and these are best prices that I can do so if you guy want 'em, jump in and buy 'em. Its easier than gathering everone together. Hope this link works: http://stores.ebay.com/STOP-IT-Performance-Brakes_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQdptZ14QQsclZallQQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Looking at the rear rotors, I see they are not coated. How will these stand up to rust? Rust is one of the main reasons I am looking at buying these, because my rotors now have only 5k on them at the least.

Justin Schmidt 2000 SVT Tour #1620 of 2150 Born 1/15/2000
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Know of.. or can you get any calipers that would work with these?

1999 Silver Ford SVT Contour Assembled 08/06/1999 - #2555 of 2760 formerly known as flummox
P
patman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
1st answer...the rear rotors will rust if left untouched. Heres what I do. Put the new rotors and pads on the car, go out and break everything in, come back while the brakes are still warm and take the wheels off, hose down the caliper and rotor with brake cleaner, and then paint the whole thing up with caliper paint. Let it set for about 10 minutes and then put the wheels back on the car and take it for a ride. The caliper paint wont peel and it'll look good for ever. If you want me to paint them for you, I have a huge oven at the shop to cure the paint, just let me know.

2nd answer, your stock calipers will work fine with these rotors. Put on my pads as well and they will work even better.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard