Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Really? I'll have a looksee at the new one when it comes in. Well Jim, I just came back in the house, severely beaten and discouraged. I was going to put on the SVT exhaust. I got the car up high and all is good. Then I tried to loosen the bolts to the cat flange; to no avail. Apparantly, I'm a wimp. I wasn't aware of that until now. I mean, if you can't break a bolt loose with a 3ft breaker bar, somethin ain't right, right? Well, I'm a big girl I reckon. Michelle would be done by now, but she's at work, so I can't make her do my dirty work. After being beaten by those 2 bolts, I tried to at least pull the hangers out of the rubber grommets. I guess the cat bolts and rubber grommets are in cahoots to make me more of a wimp. They wouldn't budge, either. So I gave up and came back inside where it's nice and cool. When the headers and y pipe get here, I'm just gonna throw it all in the back of my truck and take the whole shebang over to the speed shop across town. I'll make them do it.

At least I didn't hurt myself this time.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Wait for the headers to come in, then spray some PB Blaster on those bolts the night before you do the work. They'll come loose then. I never beleived in that stuff until my brother turned me on to it. The very same bolts you're having difficulty with... I won't do exhaust work without it now.

If you're too anxious to get started, spray the stuff on now & wait about 15 minutes. I bet they come loose.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Wait for the headers to come in, then spray some PB Blaster on those bolts the night before you do the work. They'll come loose then. I never beleived in that stuff until my brother turned me on to it. The very same bolts you're having difficulty with... I won't do exhaust work without it now.

If you're too anxious to get started, spray the stuff on now & wait about 15 minutes. I bet they come loose.

Use it also on the rubber groments for the hangers. That will help them come loose as well.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I might have to get me some of that. We'll see what next week's schedule looks like.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
WOOO HOOOOOOO.......

How was everyone's fourth? Do we still have all the crew with 'tours and 'tiques or has a random bottle rocket misplaced some of us?

Hmmm.....seems a bit quiet in here too....Everytime that happens, Hector usually comes back with some crazy new mod that he has done....

Should we all be skeered?

Lori and I had a great weekend. We watched fireworks everyday pretty much, I got a new shed....Long Time Coming...I got to sit in on the drums for Lori's sis's band on "Margaritiville" pics were taken. Dogs didn't like the fireworks, dodged the t-storms everywhere...it was fun. I think that was pretty much it. Lori, fill in the blanks if you can remember anything...

L8R
Rich

'04 Ecotec Cavi 140hp/150tq Fabbed intake. Header Coming, DRL's disabled, X-Drilled/slotted rotors coming....Man you really are fast. You were hauling a$$ when I passed you RB&LB causing problems in Huntsville
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by sosaudio1:
WOOO HOOOOOOO.......

How was everyone's fourth? Do we still have all the crew with 'tours and 'tiques or has a random bottle rocket misplaced some of us?

Hmmm.....seems a bit quiet in here too....Everytime that happens, Hector usually comes back with some crazy new mod that he has done....

Should we all be skeered?

Lori and I had a great weekend. We watched fireworks everyday pretty much, I got a new shed....Long Time Coming...I got to sit in on the drums for Lori's sis's band on "Margaritiville" pics were taken. Dogs didn't like the fireworks, dodged the t-storms everywhere...it was fun. I think that was pretty much it. Lori, fill in the blanks if you can remember anything...

L8R
Rich

I was in MN at the Mall of America!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by sosaudio1:

L8R
Rich

Well...besides going on drives, my being under the weather, and the fireworks, I think that's about all we did. Nice relaxing weekend for the most part...except for Saturday in putting the shed together.

My question is....when is the next meet? No one has mentioned it in a while! Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Lori

01 Cougar Sport - Dark Shadow Gray "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." LB&RB
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I was at Michelle's for the 4th. Her brother and I bought a lot of lot of illegal stuff and completly destroyed a lot of things.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
... I bought a lot of lot of illegal stuff and completly destroyed a lot of things.

Give me your headers & I'll keep my mouth shut.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Heh, no!

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard