Originally posted by hetfield:
Originally posted by unisys12:
And I would like to throw an idea out to you guys. I talked to someone the other night that said he knew someone local (to me) that did powder coating. He mentioned that I might be better off getting some Hotcoat Powder from Eastwood and get this guy to paint them for me. Personally, I think it would look great, but the price of the services and powder would outway to worth of the product. If you know what I mean. What do you guys think?

Well, I show my car in Show&Shine competitions, so having a nice powdercoat that will at least closely match any other powdercoating in the engine bay would be a plus. Not everyone is that anal about appearances, though. I still think any kind of low-conductive coating will help insulate the inside of the shield. If I were in your shoes I'd definitely take the offer.

Well, I will give this guy the dementions and see what we can come up with. Only problem we might run into with getting this stuff from Eastwood is that they only have a few colors. Black, I think two shades of grey and one that is suppose to be silver. I might have to do some more research, but that is what they have in High Temp coatings.

Thanks for the input.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime