Originally posted by Eric Ford:
Looking good, I didn't mate mine up to the wires on the fender like you did, I'm not sure how the 'tours are, but are you blocking the factory air inlet?(its tough to see from the pictures)
I recommend a second air feed from the bottom,

Nope, I'm not completely blocking the opening. I am probably only covering a quarter of it, but since I am going to install a hose that will run through there and supply fresh air, I'm not too worried about it right now.

Originally posted by ZuZuMonk:
I got the bigger K&N filter, so it is more of a pain to work with. I did notice that, much like mine, you have a gap on the back piece (under the filter where the bottom piece meets the back piece).

As for the K&N filter, yeah I am really wondering about that. I guess I should have wrote down the measurements of the 3530 when someone posted them last week, just to make sure everything will be alright.

Originally posted by ZuZuMonk:
What kind of aluminum is that? It's thicker than the flashing that I got...have you tested to see how well it is blocking heat flow?

LOL! I'm not real sure. All I know is that it was the last roll of 20" inch wide flashing that Home Depot had. I checked their website, but can't seem to find it, but I'm sure I am going to need more, so when I go back to get some more I will let you know.
As for checking its effects at blocking heat... no not really. After I installed it, I didn't feel like taking it back out and had to make run to the store. I will say that you can actually hear a difference in the intake. Really sounds different, but I don't guess anyone else would notice. Reason I wasn't to worried about it blocking heat is because it's not sealed up. Notice in the pictures that there's no weather stripping on any of the edges, so there is still plenty of hot air getting in there. I did pop the hood and touched the walls of the sheild and... it was HOT!! Which stands to reason really, since I don't have the ceramic coating on there either. So right now, I would probably notice that the temps have actually rose some since installing the sheild because my filter is sitting inside a big aluminum stock pot and my filter is the meat in the soup. Not a good thing!

That space at the rear, that you mentioned. I know what your talking about. Since the rolls don't come wide enough to cut this out as one big piece, so that you could just cut it out and fold everything, that does leave that gap back there. So what I did, later this afternoon, was to cut a new bottom piece, but this time I made it about 1 inch longer. That way, I could create a fold in the rear that is held in place with the two bottom fasterners that was already there holding the rear plate in place. I will take some pics of what I'm talking about tomorrow. I will also try to take some pics of the intake opening in the fender well too.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime