Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
I read something a while ago about the new Lightnings having a little something like that. It uses the A/C to cool some liquid, then when you push a button it dumps it into the intercooler for a power boost. Interesting.

The Spickle New Car: Infra Red '04 FSVT Former Car: Black '98 CSVT, #3137/6535 "The Unluckiest car.. ever"
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by weargle:
How about this instead of a paint or coating? http://store.summitracing.com/product.asp?d=13&s=131&p=446&searchtype=ecat

That's good stuff. Too pricey for me though.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Sounds cool, Phil! You gonna make me one, too, right? I can be your test mule, too!

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Yeah I'll make you one. Looks like you are going to become CEG's Offical Test Mule.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
/pouts

aw, I wanna be a test mule too!

U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by rkneeshaw:
/pouts

aw, I wanna be a test mule too!

We will see. Chattaboy and you already have an intake setup that is similar, plus it is pretty much the same as mine. Just different filters.

I will really need someone that has a CTA and BAT intake pipe. That way I will be able to find out how much I will need to adjust the length.

Oh yeah! I just got finished with cutting out and shaping 4 new pieces and I think I am really going to like this one. I don't want to use the screws on this one, rather I would like to use the aluminum rivets. I was not able to get them last weekend, nor does it look like I will be able to get them this weekend. So, it may take me sometime getting the rivet gun and rivets. I know there cheap, but... I'm out of a job now... remember. Just be patient with me guys. I'm sure everyone will be really happy with this prototype.

I was going to take some pictures of the pieces I cut and pounded on today, but it seems that the batteries in the digicam are dead, so... I will have to look around the house for some more.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Sweet dude, keep up the good work!

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
PM me with your addy & requirements.

I'll ship you a rivet gun & rivets. I'd like to see how your project turns out, &, when I finally get to race him, Eric will need all the advantages he can get to beat me on the track.

Really.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Ok, I found some batteries for the camera. Now, bear in mind that the light is not the best in the world, so they did not turn out just really great and I hope to take some better ones tomorrow, but I just wanted to be sure to let you guys know that I am really working on this thing...

This should give you a decent idea of the overall angels I am going for. This is the firewall side of the sheild.

Another shot of the same piece. I guess you get the idea by now.

This gives you an idea of about how wide the folds are. What size rivets do you guys think I should use here? I was thinking of using 3/16, that way if they are too small I could easily go up to 5/16 if need be.

Here's another shot of what inner seems will look like. No! That is not rust you see there. I spilt a diet coke...

Just a simple shot of the back.

Sorry again about the poor picture quality.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Well I guess the logical question here is whether the box design is really the best idea..? The purpose of these filters is to snag more air, but if we stick it in a box just like the stock filter, isn't it still grabbing the same amount of air?

Unisys, how's it coming along?

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard