Originally posted by Eric Ford:
here you go, highly top secret...classified information

its not to scale... but the design
allows for a smooth one piece appearance from the top

Hey that is cool, but... well, not what I'm shooting for. That is pretty close, if not the same basic design as the Dtec shield.

See, if you notice the one I made of cardboard, I have the curve on the bottom and firewall side of the shield. The reason I put these on there was because it allows the sheild to match the contours of the fender well and overall will allow for more air volume inside the shield. If you simply lay a square piece of metal or whatever you are using inside there and try to fit your filter in it, you will be left with very little space.

Now, this may actually be no big deal. It just made sense to me at the time. I will also be running a hose through the fender well, as many of you have seen on DemonSVT's car. This way, I can keep all that air inside cool.

But, through typing all this... we just might be able to make that design of your work Eric. I will have to mess with it some, but it very well might work. Thanks!

I hope I have the money to get a sheet of aluminium this weekend so that I can play around with this. We will just have to see.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime