Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
the only downside of that is if you don't know how to swap the odometer too...I'd like to keep my current milage

that can be changed into the new cluster the milage part is the same in the tach and non tach gauges... I didn't bother with mine since the cluster I got was only 3000 miles more than what I had so I didn't take the time to swap them.

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by SleeperZ:
IIRC he ran that 16.3 stock...

Maybe he has a freak Zetec...

Did he drop in a stock SVT Focus Zetec?
Cuz that's the only way a 'stock' Zetec is running a 16.3 in a Contour.

either way, with a 2.4 60' foot time that could've easily been lower

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
yeah a LONG time...I have a zx2 thats slow

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
the only downside of that is if you don't know how to swap the odometer too...I'd like to keep my current milage

that can be changed into the new cluster the milage part is the same in the tach and non tach gauges... I didn't bother with mine since the cluster I got was only 3000 miles more than what I had so I didn't take the time to swap them.

but you have to know how though...

unless its really that simple.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by SleeperZ:
Originally posted by 4banganda5spd:

Black 96 Zetec Mtx
Mods: CTA Intake, Opt.TB, MSD Blaster Coil, Tranny
Cocktail, Polyurethane glue gooped front trans mount, Chopped Muffler w/clamped turn down
r/t .661
60' 2.475
1/8 10.550 @ 67.94mph
1/4 16.319 @ 84.64mph

Not to jump on you, but how the hell are you running a very low 16.3 1/4 mile with those mods?
At 2800 lbs. (on the light side for a Contour) a car would require 160bhp.
Your mods have not given you 30HP.
I have many more mods (tuned chip, oil cooler, true cat-back exhaus, true CAI, UDP, and cam gears) and I have plenty of practice and I am running at my best a low 16.4s.

16.7 was stock, 16.3 with mods
well for one, its an mtx,
also i ran at raceway park in englishtown nj which is a great track, below sea level , in good conditions, pulled out passenger and back seats as well as spare tire, jack, etc. from the trunk and quarter tank of gas, and powershifted the 1-2 shift
using 2900 lb. guess for weight, i figured about 137 hp at the motor using the formula based on mph which states
HP=(MPH/234)CUBED X WEIGHT

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Even at a notoriously fast track those times are a bit suspect.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
well they are real times, i'll try to borrow a digital camera and post the timeslip
whats really gonna burn your biscut is when im popping 15.9's after custom exhaust, spec stage 1 and fidanza aluminum flywheel.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by 4banganda5spd:
well they are real times, i'll try to borrow a digital camera and post the timeslip
whats really gonna burn your biscut is when im popping 15.9's after custom exhaust, spec stage 1 and fidanza aluminum flywheel.

like I said it doesn't mean too much..... each track is different. change elevations for one.... get a different track layout... not all straight lines were created equal.

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I've read a post on the Focus forums of a guy who had a aluminum flywheel who went slower in the 1/4 than with the stock flywheel. Lighter flywheel sounds good, but in accelleration, the heavier flywheel may take a bit longer to spin up, but when it's spun up it uses it's heavier mass to help keep it moving and you'll accelerate faster than with a lighter flywheel. It's all in the momentum, a heavier flywheel has more.

2000 Rio Red I4 Cougar 200whp & 210wtq at 9psi 254whp & 276wtq with NX 35shot WRX TD04 Turbo, Cut Short Shifter, Strut Tower Bar, 17" ZN Wheels, Roush Springs, Starion Intercooler, NX 35 shot, HKS SS BOV, Full 3" exhaust,StreetFlight Chip
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Seawulf:
I've read a post on the Focus forums of a guy who had a aluminum flywheel who went slower in the 1/4 than with the stock flywheel. Lighter flywheel sounds good, but in accelleration, the heavier flywheel may take a bit longer to spin up, but when it's spun up it uses it's heavier mass to help keep it moving and you'll accelerate faster than with a lighter flywheel. It's all in the momentum, a heavier flywheel has more.

and that's the never ending debate on go lighter or stay stock that is talked about with every car.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard