Originally posted by tiv:
Originally posted by MarkO:

Wind powered cars ?? Come on. The social, cultural and infrastructure changes needed to move society to this lifestyle and this type of thinking takes a generation. The oil could be gone by then.

I don't think so. I'd be happy to do my daily commute in a 1 or 2 seater small electric car. Less parking problems, less smog, less traffic jams. I don't need 200HP for my ride to/from work.
The technology is available, it just needs some incentive from cities/govt's.

Of course I'd happily use my gasoline powered vehicle for trips to the West Coast or even for a Walmart run, but most problems cars cause to us are inside cities.
Many people have beater cars for commuting. I think many of them would use some alternative if it was available.

Tiv

I think you're in the minority. I'm not disagreeing with you; I'd love a little Clio or Fiesta to replace my 'tique.

Look at the huge popularity of trucks/suv's though. It's going to take some very, very progressive Govt policies and/or a huge, sustained hike in gas prices to bring about in people's way of thinking.

Bless our servicemen & women overseas. L.Cpl Ian Malone, 1st Battalion Irish Guards, R.I.P.