Originally posted by sigma:

It's too bad that every government agency, both domestic and international (including OPEC themselves) and every oil company disagrees with you.

How do you know EVERY single one disagrees with me? Did you interview them? Did you reasearch every single oil company on the planet?

I never said that we don't find more oil everyday. We know there is more oil out there. Problem is we don't find more at a pace that even comes to close to matching our usage increase every year

I know you never said we don't find oil, so why are you telling this to me?

Have you seen the size of of the oil rigs being built now? Billions of dollars just to hit a few pockets of oil. Oil rig construction peaked years ago. The rigs now need to be far too large to go deep enough and don't get a good return.
We will have to drill that oil at some point -- but you'll be paying $20/gallon for it.

Yes I have seen the size of the oil rigs today and I am aware of the money it takes to drill deep into the ocean.
I'll never pay $20 a gallon, you must be out of your mind. If the price of gas goes to $20 I will ride a bike wherever I have to go and limit what I take with me.

If there's so much oil than why for the last 3 months has every Oil and Natural Gas producer been revising their reserve estimates by HUGE amounts.

So you say they have less oil and thats why they are revising their reserve estimates but for some reason they are pumping more oil per day than what their quota is. Interesting

Quote:

We'll be using oil for at least another 150 years, and I'm sure they'll have another energy source by then anyways.

Putting your fingers in your ears and going "La-la-la-la-la" doesn't make the problem go away. We haven't found a replacement for oil in 150 years, what makes you think we're going to find one in the nextg 150 years?

I don't think sticky our fingers in our ears and singing gaily will accomplish anything either. And you don't think that how the technology in the last 100 years has changed that we won't expand even more technologically? [censored], I bet we have a substitute for oil within 100 years.You must be borderline braindead to not think that we won't have another substitute for oil. We will have to have one, cause it'll take 50 years to improve on the substitute to get it to where we have oil today.

"I'm not above the law, I'm beyond the law" 1999 CSVT Toreador Red Magnaflow Resonator and large K&N