Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hey Guys,

I just found out some great news!!! Anyone with a Throttle Cable Problem and Traction Control should read this!!!

With Traction Control (TC) the cable comes in two sections. One section goes from the Pedal to the TC Unit, a second cable goes from the TC to the Throttle Body (TB).

The cable from the Pedal to the TC lists for $141.45, and Bill/Steve can get it for $106.09.

However, Steve helped me research recall 97S95, which was the Throttle Cable Recall on Contours with Traction Control. There is a Recall Kit (don't have the part number) that includes a Throttle Cable for only $30!!! Just order this part and you should be all set. I'll be sure to let you know how the install goes.

By the way, Steve is VERY helpful, and is doing a great job carrying on Bill's work. Highly recommended!

Thanks again guys!

Throttle Cable Kit Part Number: F5RZ 9775-AA

Last edited by zgendron; 04/05/04 11:03 PM.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Isn't it great when the website saves you $$$

Thank goodness for CEG!

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hey Guys,

Received the new cable yesterday and installed it in an hour.

The Cable Kit mentioned above was shipped to me overnight for $33.xx, and this kit includes the $141.45 throttle cable (pedal to Traction Control only) and an instruction manual!

What does that say about the markup on these cables!

If you need this cable, get the kit and save some cash!

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard