**Sorry, made an error on my above post, I meant to say how to get power to the AMP not the sub. I know the point of the amp is to get power to the sub by bridging the two rear channels, I am constantly mis-using "sub" instead of "amp", I don't know why... So to repeat my query, I want to know how to get power to the amp. If that requires connections at the battery posts or wherever, and what about fuses, etc.

I was going to tap into the factory wire inside the doors. There should be a +/- wire already in there for the factory speaker (I hope, of course, if there's no wire its a good explanation for why the factory speakers sound like such crap) and I was going to hook up the crossover to that. Then all it will take is a little more wire to connect the crossover module to each individual component in each door (tweet and mid).

And just for fun, I am going to repeat my other question too, lest it be forgotten: what kind of speaker wire should I be using? Knu offers a lot of different kinds, and its all greek to me.

1995 Contour GL 2.0L ATX- Teal Metallic+Grey Int. Brown University, Class of 2008!