Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
went in to the local auto paint supply today to get some sand paper and he asked me what I was using it on. when I told him he LOL and said he has a lot of chevy and dodge guys doing the same thing, cavs and neons have the same problem. he also said that one of the local used car dealers cleans the lights with vinegar first says it softens up the crust first. I don't know but I'll try it this weekend when I do mine for the first time and report back

97 GL no mods just crashed
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:
has anyone tried the NOVUS (corrected spelling) line of plastic cleaners.

Yes, I used Novus Plastic Polish #2, with a follow up with Novus Plastic Polish #1. It did nothing more than make the headlight cover a bit smoother. The haze was still there, so it called for more intensive action. I used wet-or-dry sand paper, starting with worn 600 grit, followed by finer grits up to 7200. That did the trick. After the sanding, I finished with Novus #2. It has been relatively clear for a few months, but I have noticed that the haze is showing signs of returning. It looks like I'll have to do it every six months or so. Just another joy for us Contour owners.

Lee K
98 SVT Contour, silver (fun beater car)
03 Evo, red (scary fun car)

Lee K 98 SVT Contour, silver (sold after 7 years and 100K miles) 03 Lancer Evolution, red
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard