Originally posted by bnoon:
I'm really surprised you found argument against it.

With my setup right now the 4.06 is definitely the better choice of final drives. There is absolutely no question about it.

The 3.84's would not help with launching and it would make every other gear a hair slower.

Also your rpm level after each shift will be lower. That will slow you down as well.

A S/C car could probably go either way. Most likely the 3.84's would be better because it effectively lengthens the powerband & a S/C car is really only great on the highway.
However the same could be said that the 4.06's get you up into boost sooner since the S/C has to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait for it's real boost. (I.E. using gears 1-3 or road racing)
The lower rpm shift drop means less boost after shifting and a hair longer to get back into it "comparatively"
I would think the longer legs (I.E. top end HP) should definitely out weigh that in the top few gears. However not in the lower gears.

A turbo car would benefit the most from it because of the monster flat torque curve. The loss in acceleration from prolonging each gear would likely be outweighed by having a greater TMF longer.
Also since the TQ curve is flat the lower rpm drop after shifting really makes little difference unlike an NA or S/C car.

That's about as nice as I can be about the POS Vorcrap setup.
Remember my whole goal was to spite it's existence.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.