Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by bnoon:
Don't tell me you didn't put the Zetec final drive in there...

I'm guessing he didn't since he's bad mouthed it. For what reason I'm not sure. Better times would be had.

I don't see how you can say better times would be had.

My 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear are stronger (more TQ multiplication factor) then with the Zetec gear. Therefore I get quicker acceleration and times.
I left out 1st and 5th as todras aimed this at 1/4 mile times even though I built my car for road racing & of course every gear would be stronger.

Also on a road course the 4.06 gear helps out as well since my TMF at any rpm is higher then with the 3.84 gearing. This is also part of the reason why touring cars often raise the gearing even more like Leo's 4.5 final drive.

Even with all that said we are only talking about a change of around 5% That's it folks.
5% less TMF is not going to make launching any easier really.
Also my last tire size switch (stock 215/50 to meaty 225/50's) was nearly a 5% change by itself or roughly the same as running 215/50's with 3.84's

Yes I think the Zetec final drive can still help but it is not going to make a major difference. For instance the power level of the turbo'd cars are still going to roast the tires with either gear set.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.