Print Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by vudusvt:
*edit* OK, I just read your car's profile & if I'm understanding correctly, you "ovalized" the split ports, yes?

Nope. I figure eighted the ovals.
The tiny oval port inlets are horrible for airflow.

I'll have the pictures up eventually. The webspace I am going to put it on DOES NOT support spaces in the file names.

Renaming 50 files is not a problem.

Renaming every single HTML code entry for each one is a PITA. (I'm sure many of you know about differentiating code )

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I'll own you both on the road course!

98 3.0 svt: Sold
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Why does everyone act so surprised at this 13.9? After viewing his list of modifications (port work)and drivetrain mods it is no wonder he is running such good times! He still has room for improvment as well,especially launching which I cant imagine is very easy. One thing I did notice is the compression ratio, can you say "room for boost". Congrats on very consistant and stout numbers.

98 Black SVT~ The most logical statment I have ever heard was by a local mechanic. "Everything is somewhere."
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:

Can I play as well???

2002 ZO6...462whp/410wtq pretty darn fast!11.70 @ 122 silver/black 2006 Trailblazer SS(wifes car) silver/black 2000 SVT-Turbo-sold silver/blue #1699/2150 13.83 @ 102.82 on 5psi 13.51 @ 107.56 on 8psi
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by Derk2000:
I can't believe your car just rips the 225s in first gear.

The 2.5L could roast them in 1st and a little into 2nd if I really tried.

The 3L flat out boils them if you breathe on the pedal too hard.

Even in 2nd gear the tires normally break free a bit as you pull past 5000rpm.
If you actually try (say going from cruise to WOT) you can roast them at will in 2nd too.

Heck if I really try I can spin them all the way through 3rd but that's not getting me anywhere though. Well except needing new tires.
It's "not" spinning them that I want.

What are you doing to "roast" your tires in 3rd gear exactly? Im close to 200FWHP and running mid-lower 14's and going into 2nd I get some chirping(more than I did with the 2.5L) but not too much, but definitely no spinning in 3rd.. Just curious as to what you are doing right/wrong to get them to spin so much in 3rd?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Originally posted by wavrdr:
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:

Can I play as well???

As long as you come to SZ!

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by vudusvt:
*edit* OK, I just read your car's profile & if I'm understanding correctly, you "ovalized" the split ports, yes?

Nope. I figure eighted the ovals.
The tiny oval port inlets are horrible for airflow.

I'll have the pictures up eventually. The webspace I am going to put it on DOES NOT support spaces in the file names.

Renaming 50 files is not a problem.

Renaming every single HTML code entry for each one is a PITA. (I'm sure many of you know about differentiating code )

Seven lines of code in perl.. Regular expressions are your friend.

www.perl.com

Tim
Proud member of the 'Learn Perl or Die' Association

'01 GTP: 3.3" pulley, Headers, 3" Exhaust, Straight Pipe, Intense Air to Water Intercooler.Pictures Old Ride: 95 Mystique LS V6 ATX: Pictures
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
What are you doing to "roast" your tires in 3rd gear exactly? Im close to 200FWHP and running mid-lower 14's and going into 2nd I get some chirping(more than I did with the 2.5L) but not too much, but definitely no spinning in 3rd.. Just curious as to what you are doing right/wrong to get them to spin so much in 3rd?

I said I could "spin" them through 3rd. That just means I have enough power to "sustain" wheel spin into 3rd.

On a hard shift I only get a chirp in 3rd "at speed"

I can roast 2nd though if I actually try. Even at the track 2nd had a lot of wheel spin.

However like I said the entire goal in not to spin them.
I have learned to shift into second at a pedal position that generates very little wheel spin. Though again like I have stated it does sometime start to lightly break free as it passes 5000rpm or so. That's kind of cool though.

Not the power of a turbo mind you. I remember Tom said he had to watch the shift to 3rd or the tire's would light up occasionally. I know I heard it several times on the phone.

That's part of the reason why our platform plateaus at a certain E.T. There is just too much power for the platform to put down in the first two gears. If it did hook the turbo'd cars would be knocking on the 12's if not in them.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Don't tell me you didn't put the Zetec final drive in there...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
I don't ever wanna hear anyone complaining that you can't compare a car because it has larger displacement. What is this, a honda site or something?

The Spickle New Car: Infra Red '04 FSVT Former Car: Black '98 CSVT, #3137/6535 "The Unluckiest car.. ever"
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard