Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
What are you doing to "roast" your tires in 3rd gear exactly? Im close to 200FWHP and running mid-lower 14's and going into 2nd I get some chirping(more than I did with the 2.5L) but not too much, but definitely no spinning in 3rd.. Just curious as to what you are doing right/wrong to get them to spin so much in 3rd?

I said I could "spin" them through 3rd. That just means I have enough power to "sustain" wheel spin into 3rd.

On a hard shift I only get a chirp in 3rd "at speed"

I can roast 2nd though if I actually try. Even at the track 2nd had a lot of wheel spin.

However like I said the entire goal in not to spin them.
I have learned to shift into second at a pedal position that generates very little wheel spin. Though again like I have stated it does sometime start to lightly break free as it passes 5000rpm or so. That's kind of cool though.

Not the power of a turbo mind you. I remember Tom said he had to watch the shift to 3rd or the tire's would light up occasionally. I know I heard it several times on the phone.

That's part of the reason why our platform plateaus at a certain E.T. There is just too much power for the platform to put down in the first two gears. If it did hook the turbo'd cars would be knocking on the 12's if not in them.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.