Originally posted by Swazo:
I meant using the SVT cams, didn't Tom use 3L cams? Did Jiako port the heads aswell?

Tom used the oval port cams. He did the bare minimum to match the oval heads the the split LIM.

Jiako used the SVT cams but some type of adapter plate between the heads & LIM.

I ported the head inlets in such I way it helped the fuel spray go to both valves. That was a key design idea I made sure happened. I know how badly the secondary valves get caked over and rob power so keeping fuel run across them will keep them clean.

I also wanted better fuel atomization. It seems it worked just like I had planned since the 2.5L was about impossible to tune below 2500rpm without the secondaries. No matter what I did it always ran very rich under light load and idle.
The 3L is the exact opposite and I am running 24lb injectors. It runs very lean at idle and light load. So much so I had to add 25% more fuel just to balance it out! Now it hovers just above stoich. (I like it a little lean)

Another thing of MAJOR note.
I have not consumed a drop of oil with the 3L and I have over 2500 miles on it. (Running 0W40 Mobil 1)
The extra head drains are certainly doing their job and not letting oil get pulled into the valve cover vents like the 2.5L is notorious for.
Even the PCV separator has not picked up more then an ounce of oil total as well. With the 2.5L it was always getting an ounce a week. Sometimes more if I spent lots of time in the high rpm range!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.