Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by svtjeff:
...Just because you can type menas nothing to me...

Well said (except for "menas" which I assume you are referring to the word, "mean"). You do know this definitely applies to your situation and the unbased incredulity you are showing here, right?

Timeslips have been supplied. Is is going to take a inquisition panel compete with cameras to pop his hood and come back with dated proof to sate your thoughts? By all indications, Demon is a straight-shooter and if he says it's NA, I'm VERY inclined to believe him.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Wow! Congrats Demon. I'd like to see a dyno sheet as well.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by JaTo:
Is is going to take a inquisition panel compete with cameras to pop his hood and come back with dated proof to sate your thoughts?

RECON is currently working on the situation.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Swazo:
Nice, and the first to use SVT induction and cams on mod'd oval port heads I was hoping to be the first I too would like to see your dyno run just to gawk at and drool over

Nope I was the second.

Jiako was the first (but he used an adapter plate IIRC) and Tom (last engine) the third.

So I guess I was the first to port the heads to match the split LIM.

No secondaries of course. I didn't miss them with the 2.5L and the 3L definitely doesn't need them.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by Swazo:
Nice, and the first to use SVT induction and cams on mod'd oval port heads I was hoping to be the first I too would like to see your dyno run just to gawk at and drool over

Nope I was the second.

Jiako was the first (but he used an adapter plate IIRC) and Tom (last engine) the third.

So I guess I was the first to port the heads to match the split LIM.

No secondaries of course. I didn't miss them with the 2.5L and the 3L definitely doesn't need them.

Your Duratec's numbers put my new boat to shame Shoot for 12's next ?

Tim

'01 GTP: 3.3" pulley, Headers, 3" Exhaust, Straight Pipe, Intense Air to Water Intercooler.Pictures Old Ride: 95 Mystique LS V6 ATX: Pictures
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I'll be the first to say I didn't believe the first time slip I got.

With screwing up and still trapping over 100mph I was in shock at the time and had a lot of disbelief.

Hence the 4-5 runs in 30 mins until I hit the 13.
My trap speeds did not alter more then .8 mph the entire day.

That's also why I listed some other cars there. They were not running anything spectacular. Most could not even hit posted "bench racing" numbers in the good air and most surely had some mods.
The NA cars got a nice boost do to the high barometric pressure. (Which I found out after the fact was a hair over 30! ) IIRC that is like ~100' below sea level (Think SAE plus 3-5%) and this is roughly a ~1000' track. (atmospheric air density is normally 1500' or worse at the track )

It is a lot more common for lower elevation tracks (600' and below) to get good air density but it is a blue moon around here especially considering the fact the track is in a valley by the river.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
The LSD's only real help in launching is I am no longer afraid of blowing up the stock diff when I get wheel hop.
Well that and no torque steer "when" the tires hook up.

My best launches came from barely using 1st gear at all and never at WOT.

I found that trick out when testing with the G-Tech. It would always give me much quicker numbers if I short shifted to 2nd. The engine has more then enough power to pull the car in 2nd from a lower rpm level now.

Obvious it was the right way to go because running nearly 82mph in the 1/8 mile is just insane for NA!!!

I probably could have had better numbers by starting in second and doing a high rpm clutch slip. However it would have been extremely harsh on the clutch and axles.

J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
that fact YOU don't know how to run 13's n/a doesn't mean that no one knows how. i am new yet i learned very quickly that demon and a few others know way more than i do. in ww2 we didn't know how to build a good jet but that didn't stop the germans from builing the me262. additionally, those numbers aren't even corrected like the mags would do.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Awesome times Greg!

I to noticed posts by Dave B about you installing the 3liter, but thought he was out of his mind. Then again this is you we're talking about.....

I certainly am glad that I went to the track a couple times this year and bettered my previous runs therefore saving face for us that are F/I....

My biggest question is: Will there be a "crossover pipe" order going to the Demon household? I'm sure there will be and I'm already nervous of the outcome.

Keyser...time to order that "upgraded Disco Potato"!

2002 ZO6...462whp/410wtq pretty darn fast!11.70 @ 122 silver/black 2006 Trailblazer SS(wifes car) silver/black 2000 SVT-Turbo-sold silver/blue #1699/2150 13.83 @ 102.82 on 5psi 13.51 @ 107.56 on 8psi
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Greg,

I just read your modifications list, and with all the stuff I've done to my car I'm still intrigued(always have been) with the mods you've performed, and where you've come with the car....great work man!

Now I've gotta get mine running quicker!

2002 ZO6...462whp/410wtq pretty darn fast!11.70 @ 122 silver/black 2006 Trailblazer SS(wifes car) silver/black 2000 SVT-Turbo-sold silver/blue #1699/2150 13.83 @ 102.82 on 5psi 13.51 @ 107.56 on 8psi
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard