Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
(Falls to knees)..."I'm not worthy..I'm not worthy"..
Simply awsome!!!

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
actually David Z busted out a 13.7 once too :-)

Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Originally posted by svtjeff:
.6 decrease on a .5 liter increase is a bit unrealistic - tune or no tune. That track seems a bit optimistic - never, ever seen a stock car run anything close to 14.6 - regardless of mod's. Turbo/blower cars have trouble running in the 13's....

I can not wait to see what this car runs in the Spring Zing.........

you do realize demon was putting out about 240 crank hp on his n/a 2.5L right? And im sure his 3.0L motor is far from stock. Im sure he swapped over the msds headers, true duals, TRIPLE extrude honed intake, the tweecer, etc, etc. Check his profile for his lengthy list of mods. And you do realize that David Z ran also ran 14.1 with his n/a 3.0L? I believe every bit of it. More power to you Greg!

Ryan Trollin!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Greg's CSVT is definately a 13-second ride and he'd definately be quicker on a sea level track. KCIR is much better than it was prior to the resurfacing, but it's still far from being a "quick" or "optimistic" track. Granted the density air conditions Greg ran in were ideal (40s, ultra high baro, zilch humidity), but his car is still balls fast. He does has every NA mod under the sun, but it doesn't discredit the quickness of his CSVT. As of right now, he's the quickest NA 4-door in KC and I really don't see how I'll regain my title from him. He's just too quick now. I believe his prior best was a higher 14.6 nearly 96mph in much warmer and thicker air. The conditions yesterday alone were good for a few tenths and a couple mph.

My only bone to pick with Greg is that we were going to race next weekend at the track, but he pussed out and decide to go yesterday. I passed up a great day to race because that Jerky told me next week was race week He knows I'm mad at him

Dave

black 96 Maxima SE Best ET/MPH: 14.31@99.3mph with a 2.18 60' JDM intake manifold, ECU, intake, y-pipe, muffler
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
.6 decrease on a .5 liter increase is a bit unrealistic - tune or no tune. That track seems a bit optimistic - never, ever seen a stock car run anything close to 14.6 - regardless of mod's. Turbo/blower cars have trouble running in the 13's....

I can not wait to see what this car runs in the Spring Zing.........

you do realize demon was putting out about 240 crank hp on his n/a 2.5L right? And im sure his 3.0L motor is far from stock. Im sure he swapped over the msds headers, true duals, TRIPLE extrude honed intake, the tweecer, etc, etc. Check his profile for his lengthy list of mods. And you do realize that David Z ran also ran 14.1 with his n/a 3.0L? I believe every bit of it. More power to you Greg!

It's always funny to watch the backlash when a n00b picks on Greg... What's warmonger running now, anyone know? Imagine 8-9 psi in greg's!

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
suneil - I can read - and have done so in reference to his mod's. I would be willing to bet if I posted these numbers, Demon would be the first one to poke holes in it. I know more than you think - but do not profess to be the anointed one or anything close. Number of posts means you can type - nothiong more, nothing less.

I still say those are forced induction numbers.......

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
kontofosho - again - I suggest you read - my posts. Just because you can type menas nothing to me. I am glad to see you are confident in the numbers.....Speak lightly and carry a big stick........

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
svtjeff, Demon digs into EVERYTHING possible and knows what he's doing. His last reported time on a 2.5 was 14.6, then he added a few things. It is VERY feasible and I don't see why you're doubting this. Like it was said above, if you have valid points on why this is not feasible, try them, but you don't have a clue and are blindly posting because it's "too good to be true" to you. You're in denial...

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
kontofosho - again - I suggest you read - my posts. Just because you can type menas nothing to me. I am glad to see you are confident in the numbers.....Speak lightly and carry a big stick........

Why are you directing that towards him? We're all against you. He might know a thing or two since he currently owns 2 SVT's. One of which is turbo charged. You and your 32 posts can sod off.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
svtjeff - we have read your comments and they are just ambiguous statements that have no real basis in fact or reality -"turbo/blower cars have trouble running in the 13s.", "I've never seen a stock car run 14.6 no matter how many mods" (nice oxymoron there too )

At this point you're the turd in the punch bowl here unless you can actually post some solid reasons why Demon's times aren't real.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
AMAAAAAAAzing times man! Congrats!

P.S. hahahaha "Turd in the punchbowl"

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard