Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by svtjeff:
.6 decrease on a .5 liter increase is a bit unrealistic - tune or no tune. That track seems a bit optimistic - never, ever seen a stock car run anything close to 14.6 - regardless of mod's. Turbo/blower cars have trouble running in the 13's....

I can not wait to see what this car runs in the Spring Zing.........

You do realize that he has ALOT more than just a 3L going on with that car don't you?? (LSD, headers, true duals, and lots lots more)

When you consider that a well driven CSVT can do ~15.2 off the showroom floor, a seriously built car with a 3L posting in the 14.00 range is perfectly realistic. Plenty of other 3L/LSD people have posted in the low 14 range as well so I don't see how this is so unrealistic.

Props to Demon on the mad awesome times! Please post some Dyno's real soon!!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
.6 decrease on a .5 liter increase is a bit unrealistic - tune or no tune. That track seems a bit optimistic - never, ever seen a stock car run anything close to 14.6 - regardless of mod's. Turbo/blower cars have trouble running in the 13's....

Hey Noob-
do a little research and READ what DEmon has done thus far. . .it's MORE than realistic. . .Congrats Demon on your secret project. . .very nice numbers. . .I'm thinking you're easily putting down 220fwhp, but GET A DYNO!!!

Suneil

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
How many runs have you made at the track ? You do not pick up that much time by simple exhaust mods's - and the LSD does not add HP.............

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Great times Demon, much respect.
Can I have a pic of your engine to hang on my garage wall?

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

you do realize demon was putting out about 240 crank hp on his n/a 2.5L right? And im sure his 3.0L motor is far from stock. Im sure he swapped over the msds headers, true duals, TRIPLE extrude honed intake, the tweecer, etc, etc. Check his profile for his lengthy list of mods. And you do realize that David Z ran also ran 14.1 with his n/a 3.0L? I believe every bit of it. More power to you Greg!

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
If you had the sense to click the link in his sig that says CHECK IT OUT you would easily be able to see that he has employed a large number of extra tricks to squeeze every last hp out of the car, a very extensive group of bolt ons, as well as very sophisticated tuning. Please do us a favor and think a little before you open your mouth.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
How many runs have you made at the track ? You do not pick up that much time by simple exhaust mods's - and the LSD does not add HP.............

Go read the FIRST POST and see how many runs he made.

I'd hardly call his exhaust mods "simple". Go to his site and look at his exhaust setup. There is not even 1" of the stock exhaust from headers to tips!

Of course the LSD dosent add power, it adds TRACTION. Which is essential off the line for good 1/4 mile times.

Go do some reasearch and then post some SOLID reasons why his times were impossible instead of just spouting ignorant comments and such.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Nice, and the first to use SVT induction and cams on mod'd oval port heads I was hoping to be the first I too would like to see your dyno run just to gawk at and drool over

Great job

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
That track seems a bit optimistic

Quite backwards... KCIR is always the track that adds time to your normal timesheet. One great mod for running in K.C. is running at a different track. The track is down in a valley and usually around 100% humidity. It's gotten better since they resurfaced, but not that much better...

Originally posted by Swazo:
Nice, and the first to use SVT induction and cams on mod'd oval port heads I was hoping to be the first I too would like to see your dyno run just to gawk at and drool over

Great job

Jaiko has had his done for well over a year. Demon just did it better.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Awww, GEEZ! I messed myself!

So we're sayin' my ATX has an advantage - little/no wheel hop.

Seriously, Freakin' outstanding!!! Congrats!! I'm stunned, I just don't know what to say. Makes me wish I had the time & money to tinker a lot more.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard