Print Thread
#905289 03/21/04 02:22 AM
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Well, since I'm #19 on the waiting list (for a class of 40) at one school, and I'm on the waiting list for the other, I'm not holding out too much hope for the OR schools.

I've been accepted at the University of Utah...no waiting list!!! Ashley has been accepted at the U as well.

Both programs are outstanding, and we have both been very impressed, so we're going to head to Utah for school.

Salt Lake City is no Portland. The beer isn't as good, that's for sure. But, SLC is still very cool. I'm actually really really looking forward to SLC and school. It's going to kick butt! Who knows, I may wind up in OR once I'm done with school. 'Till then, you'll find me still hangin' out in the SW forum, but I'll have a different zip code.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
I'm sorry to hear you won't be coming to Oregon, but I wanted to wish you good luck in Salt Lake.

Aaron

Black 99 CSVT #1820 of 2760 -Current Mods- DMD, KKM, Koni-Kit, HPP rear strut tower bar, metal water pump, tinted windows, Pioneer DEHP4600MP, 6x8 Pioneer 4ways
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Thanks!

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by Derk2000:
The beer isn't as good, that's for sure.

But Wyoming isnt far away and if you know someone who works on Hill AFB you can get better beer there too.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
I went to BYU. In hindsight, I think I would have been better to have avoided Utah all together. BYU is too orthodox and holds no credibility with the rest of the world because of its lack of academic freedom. Plus Utah is so butt ugly. I'm sorry, I grew up with tress in my backyard. And no, we actually don't have in-ground sprinkler systems. How does the grass grow you ask? It's called RAIN.

UofU is probably better with regards to a more liberal education but you still have a lot of parochial Mormons running around. Oh my Heck, the people will just drive you nuts.

I need a new lisence plate to put on the SVT....ExMo....Highway to hell....'Cause truth really matters.

stock 1998 silver frost SVT E0 #1545 out of 6535 * K&N drop-in air filter * DMD * Koni's w/ stock springs * Autolite double platinum * Tranny cocktail * Mobil 1 Snyth Oil @ 60K miles
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Man you are so full of bitterness.

You need to let go.

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by holycowSVTpaul:
Plus Utah is so butt ugly.

What? Are you serious? Utah is probably one of the most geographicly diverse states in the lower 48. I'm going to have to disagree with your statement 100%.

As far as the religion goes, I don't and wont sweat it. To each his/her own. To judge someone (or an entire state) on their religious beliefs is not right, so I aint gonna do it. I'm going to enjoy being in Utah as much as I would have enjoyed being in OR.

G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Bummer about not coming here for school... At least you'll be closer to Oregon though! Hope it works out well for you!

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Bummer about not coming here for school... At least you'll be closer to Oregon though! Hope it works out well for you!

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard