Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Our last GB from www.obd-2.com got down prices on the single make unit to $85.

Thats it?! Thats a frickin awesome price! Hopefully they can do something similiar with the triple combo. Id prefer that so I can use it with my friends and everything like that. Plus if I get a GM or something I dont wanna be stuck with a connector thats only good for a Ford.

Originally posted by livinsvt:
I am definitly in. I was just going to purchase one from obd-2.com. Its sounds real good. I have heard of the autotap program, anyone here have experince with both. I like/need obd-2 virtual dash screen, that was one of the big reasons for wanting. I don't have time to read more about them but does both have command functions (for controlling solenoids and such), and is either compatible for obd-1. Thanks for setting up the buy

I was gonna do the same thing. But then I remembered in my searches on here that I heard mention of a group buy but didnt see anything up right now. I figure even if it gets knocked down like 10 bucks its 10 bucks saved.

From what Ive read so far on both the sites I think its pretty much the same thing as far as control goes. The one on OBDII has the option for having it on a Palm and it looks like it might be more advanced as far as the readings go. It probably is the better of the 2 and thats why I sent them an email too. I figure theyre the two larger providers of OBDII readers and it couldnt hurt to try them both out just to get pricing and give everyone the option of which they would prefer. If they both offer a group buy at a good enough price Im gonna have both of them up on here. Unless more people feel that one is far better then the other.

Personally I just want it to read for error codes, gauge adjusts and general info on my car and whats going on under the hood. They both generally do just that. One seems to provide you with more info then the other on a pretty good visual display (the OBDII website). Personally I havent used either but if your trying to figure out which ones better then Id have to say the OBDII website is offering a better reader then the OBD-2 site.

Depending on the prices I get will depend on which one we go with, unless some want one and not the other for whatever reason.

A good friend will always bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was so fucking cool man!" 97 Contour 2.5L V6 Mods: 17" Rims, Blue side markers, 2 12" Kenwood Subs, Kenwood Z828 headunit