Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I was reading that and got a question.

Does this refer to the trunk wont pop up, or open at all? When I turn the key, or release it from the inside the trunk just makes a clunk, but I have to lift it all the way up, it doesnt go up at all.

So I need to get that part then correct?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Mine doesn't go up on it's own either. I don't think it's supposed to.

1996 MM Zetec, ATX 192000 kms...not dead, but I'm not fixing it White people love Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Mine doesn't go anywhere. It just unlocks and then I lift it.
I didn't think there was anything wrong with it doing that.
the trunk lid is so light, I really wouldn't want it flying up.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Mine doesn't pop open either. It makes a thunk and then I just lift it up. Its always been that way.

98 Mystique LS DOB 06/97
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I have to pull on it as I'm pushing the button or it wont open. Opening my trunk from the inside is a 2 person job. My trunk lid is heavier than normal because of the Dynamat.

Former owner: 1999 Contour SE Sport Current: 2000 Eclipse GT There are three ways to do things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way! Isn't that just the wrong way? Yeah, but faster!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
There's a trunk "popper" spring you can get from BillJ that is normall on a tauras that will help "pop" the trunk a bit. It definately doesnt make it open up on its own, but does give it more of a "pop" when you release the locking mechanism. Try a search, I have it installed on my car, works great!

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by rkneeshaw:
There's a trunk "popper" spring you can get from BillJ that is normall on a tauras that will help "pop" the trunk a bit. It definately doesnt make it open up on its own, but does give it more of a "pop" when you release the locking mechanism. Try a search, I have it installed on my car, works great!

Ditto, 2 minutes very well spent installing that little bugger!

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
mine doesnt either im glad it doesnt cause it can loosen the heinges when it slams open

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard