Originally posted by Rara:
good call James, this thread is getting waaay beyond TMI.

Personally, I am against gay marriage. Marriage is not only a legal bond, but a spiritual bond as well, designed to be between a man and a woman. To alter the structure of that union, IMHO as a married man, weakens it, and takes away its meaning. (Not that the extreme ease of divorce doesn't either, but that's a different topic entirely.)

And while I find the act(s) that define homosexuality personally revolting, the fact of the matter is that it is accepted by this society whether I agree with it or not. Because it is accepted by the general population, I don't see an issue with creating some other legal bond, that would be equivalent to marriage to the government that homosexuals and others could use as an alternative to marriage. I don't feel that the current allowances for gay couples in regards to benefits etc. from companies are fair at all to hetero couples that are not married, so I think an alternative legal bond would help to balance the whole situation out, while not cheapening the bond of marriage.

I know, its semantics, but sometimes, that's all there really is.

i agree with you completely, out of everything, i have said in all. If they weren't married, but some other term, similiar, of legal bond, thats fine. but, marriage is sacred, whether you believe in a god or not. Its was meant for men and women, not men and men, or women and women. if it was, this topic wouldn't matter. very good said.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.