Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33
#895167 03/16/04 04:28 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Not sure where this comment would fit it, so I'll just add it here...

Advocates of homosexual behavior often claim that it is a completely healthy alternative to heterosexual behavior. They correctly point out that there is no specific STD that is limited to homosexuals. The claim is that homosexual sex isnâ??t inherently more risky than heterosexual sex.

My position is that this claim is misleading. Compared to the alternative, homosexual relations between two males is unhealthy. True, there is no specific STD that is limited to homosexuals. However, this is not proof that gay sex is equally healthy as heterosexual sex.

Sex between two men at least occasionally involves penetration. The question is whether that penetration has any major health concerns not present when thinking of heterosexual penetration.

I would suggest that there are a number of health risks not normally present with heterosexual activities. And these are NOT what we normally call sexually transmitted diseases. Among these are:

--Pinworms
--Hepatitis A
--Thrombosed Hemorrhoids
--Intestinal parasites
--Anal fissures
--Ulcerative Proctitis
--Fungal infections
--Tears of the sphincter muscles
--Colon Cancer

There are many other concerns. And what these all have in common is that they are not major concerns for heterosexual couples. But they are MAJOR health issues among practicing male homosexuals.

Basically, it seems as if females are evolutionarily/anatomically equipped for sexual relations (with men) in a biological way that males are not. In the typical heterosexual relationship, women are less likely to have concerns about physical impaction injuries. True, if the act is rough, (e.g., rape), then such injuries can and do occur. But with homosexual men, even gentle relations seem to have a higher risk of fissures or breakages in delicate body tissues.

Itâ??s like trying to force a square peg into a circular opening (using a building blocks analogy). Some things just naturally â??fitâ? and others donâ??t. Human anatomy is a lot like that. Sure, if one really wants to, one can push a square peg through a rounded hole. But that will create some breakage of the object.

Perhaps science and technology will one day discover ways to completely eliminate all of these risks. However, without artificial interventions, relations between two men are bound to result in some injuries. This is whey they are to be considered higher risk activities.

Let me close with a statement made by Dr. Harold Feinstein of the Centers For Disease Control: "From a purely biological perspective, sodomy is an intrinsically unsanitary and pathological act. Empirical medical evidence clearly demonstrates that the rectum is not designed for intromission by penises, fists, forearms, etc. Physiologically, the rectum is designed for the expulsion of feces. When sodomy is performed, the peculiar forced inward expansion of the anal canal results in a tearing of the lining as well as bleeding anal fissure.�

#895168 03/16/04 04:28 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
First off, thank you to all those that have added to make this a healthy discussion. All, please try to refrain from personal attacks as this has all in all been a very informative discussion. I would hate to see this thread locked over a few choice threads.

Originally posted by JaTo:

Redefining a religious and secular union whose very definition that has withstood millenia of change is messing something that has been commonly held by religions and secular/religions/pagan governments of the world throughout time. In short, marriage is religious and could be considered secular as well (not all that are married observe any religious practice or notion); it doesn't change the fact that the very definition of "marriage" has been known to be (1) man and (1) woman in secular, pagan or the most religiously-devout Christian civilizations that have existed on this planet.

In short, let's call something different than marriage, well, something different than marriage and give it the same status and rights as observed by law, i.e, civil unions, joinings, bonding, pairing, whatever, just call it something different because it is.

I totally agree that under current US law, gays and lesbians are discriminated against. I think this can be easily fixed without destroying/changing an institution that has ages of heritage behind it and alienating those with strongly-held religious beliefs.

Just call it something different than marriage and offer up the same rights, protection and punishment under law. I'm repeating myself here; let me know if I've misunderstood or misrepresented any point you were trying to make.

Jato, I understand your reasoning behind calling the it a civil union. However, isn't seperate hardly ever equal in this country? I fear that no matter how you try to spin it, it will always be seen as something less than a marriage. It is for this reason that I offer up another possible solution.

What would you think about calling all "marriages" as they are today as Civil Unions for legal and secular unions. As so many of our laws are tied to marriage, why not change this word throughout the lawbooks to Civil Union. Marriage, therefore, would be reserved for all religious or other spiritual unions. The government would no longer offer marriage licences, but rather ONLY civil union licences.

In addition, I must argue the point of past verse present. I understand that throughout much of our history marriage has lasted and is understood to be a union between man and woman, and that this is one of the longest held traditions in our history. However, this does not necessarily mean that it is appropriate for our society at this time. There are many traditions/rituals that took place in our past that would clearly be seen as savage in todays society. Is it possible that this is a tradition that may need to adapt to our modern society? I would like to hear your point of view on this?

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
#895169 03/16/04 05:08 PM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by 99SESPORT:

Actually, I've never stated that it was soley responsible for anything, like I've said in this LONG thread that it is actually just a part of the machine that leads to the downfall of a country.

Your posts are RIFE with inferrences, examples and comparisons which lead no room for misinterpretation on the subject. Again, riding the boat of "hate the sin and not the sinner" is the same thing as passive condemnation in my book. It just sounds nicer and takes the sting out of things. The stigma that Christianity has heaped upon homosexuality and the naked aggression towards it is an undeniable FACT througout history...

...And I never said that you said homosexuality was SOLELY responsible for anything, either. Since this thread mainly concentrates on homosexuality and you initially brought the example of the fall of the Roman Empire as an example of it's evils.

There were a NUMBER of reasons the Roman Empire fell into ruin; incessant invasions, economic instability, disease, political strife, moral decline and yes, Christianity itself helped put Rome into the scrapheap of bygone civilizations.

And the abuse of ones sexuality didn't start recently. It's been abused since who knows when. It becomes a lot easier to abuse when birth control becomes huge. Interesting huh?

Let's not bring birth control into this mix. This topic is loaded with enough issues without dragging something else into it.

Given that the abuse of sexuality is a MUCH larger and rampant issue than homosexuality (homosexuals represent a minor portion of the total US population), why does the Church prop all their rhetoric up on homosexuality more than say, rampant and unprotected sex?

Wanna know something, I think they are. The only thing is though, is that homosexuality is something that "seems" a lot more dangerous, but they are all sins, regardless of anything said or not said in the pulpit. And does anybody say that those in the pulpit are perfect? Not me, they have their faults just like everybody else.

Fair enough. I agree with most of what you say here.

Well, I know you are wrong. I suppose by saying this you are saying that you don't judge anybody on any of their actions...

NO, as I most certainly do judge people by their actions. The million dollar difference here is that your interpretation of Christianity sees sexual orientation as a MORAL issue, where my interpretation of Christianity DOES NOT.

My goodness, you can compare me to Hitler, a murderer, but I can't compare the sin of homosexuality to the sin of murder? Interesting huh?

Read much more carefully. I never compared you to Hitler; I compare the ACTION of painting an entire group of people with the same brush of sin as what Hitler did in his disdain for all things Jewish...

And no, I'm not at all like Hitler. I'm not raising an army to destroy the homosexuals in this country, rather I am trying to keep marraige as God intended, between male and female...

I, too prefer the definition of "marriage" to stay as religion and society have commonly known if for millenia, so our goals are similar, though I don't go about it alienating people that could quite possibly be more religious, upstanding and moral than you or I.

Christianity has proven to be one of the MOST intolerant popular religions in existance, in DIRECT contrast to Christ's teachings. There has been a MASSIVE amount of good done by the Christianity, but when one takes into the atrocities of the Crusades, the Inquisition, the early persecution of the Jews, the torture and enslavement of pagan populations, the torture and deaths of those that thought the Sun was the center of the universe at one point in time, the moral support of black slavery in certain Southern institutions, the burning of witches at Salem...

...the list could go on indefinitely. The point is that carving up scripture in order to condem, persecute, deny equal rights to or discriminate against a population is TOTALLY missing the most BASIC and FOUNDING principles of Christianity.

Period.

Shame on those that do this and try to pass it off as a biblical principle.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
#895170 03/16/04 07:30 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

I would suggest that there are a number of health risks not normally present with heterosexual activities. And these are NOT what we normally call sexually transmitted diseases. Among these are:

Well, what you said is all fine and dandy, except for that over 20% of heterosexual couples include anal sex in their "heterosexual activities".

Assuming that there's 100 million couples in the US, that's over 20 million people that practice anal (or "homosexual") sexual activity. A number that far outweighs the number of homosexuals in the US.

Is it more unsafe/dirty to have anal sex? Definently. But it is far too large of a generalization to claim that "homosexual sex" is more dangerous than "hetersexual sex" on the basis of the healthiness of anal sex alone, because heterosexuals practice it in far greater numbers than homosexuals do.

And of course, when you bring up the topic of the healthiness of anal sex being an issue with homosexuality you totally remove lesbianism from the equation, as they don't practice it in any greater numbers than heterosexuals do.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#895171 03/16/04 09:32 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
"Well, what you said is all fine and dandy, except for that over 20% of heterosexual couples include anal sex in their "heterosexual activities."
---------------------------------------------------------

Well, that may be true. However, heterosexual sex (usually) is not exclusively anal sex. It may be more expirmental, from time to time. Homosexual sex is much more likely to involve a long-term pattern of such behavior. That is why I concluded that it is more risky than heterosexual relations.

Sincerely,

Scott

#895172 03/16/04 09:47 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I got an Idea.

We have the "let them do it" crowd and the "Don't let them do it" crowd.

Well call it the Do's and Donâ??ts

Let Gay marriages happen and see what happens.

If the world goes to [censored] , most likely won't happen, we really can't say for sure, The donâ??ts can look and the do's and yell " I told you so " like a 4 year old

If the world doesnâ??t go to [censored] , subjective to opinion where we are really headed with or with out Gay marriages, the Do's can look at the Donâ??ts and yell " I told you so " like a 4 year old.

This is the only way to settle this argument.

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
#895173 03/16/04 09:48 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ScottR:
"Well, what you said is all fine and dandy, except for that over 20% of heterosexual couples include anal sex in their "heterosexual activities."
---------------------------------------------------------

Well, that may be true. However, heterosexual sex (usually) is not exclusively anal sex. It may be more expirmental, from time to time. Homosexual sex is much more likely to involve a long-term pattern of such behavior. That is why I concluded that it is more risky than heterosexual relations.

Sincerely,

Scott

Your assumption is faulty as a large portion of gay men are not into anal sex any more than all women are into anal sex.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
#895174 03/16/04 10:40 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

Your assumption is faulty as a large portion of gay men are not into anal sex any more than all women are into anal sex.

Exactly.

Homosexual men love men, not necessarily love having their ass hurt. Your tolerance of pain doesn't go up when you're homosexual.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#895175 03/16/04 10:43 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Anal sex doesnt always hurt.

But that is not a topic for this forum.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
#895176 03/16/04 11:04 PM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by sigma:
Quote:

Exactly.

Homosexual men love men, not necessarily love having their ass hurt. Your tolerance of pain doesn't go up when you're homosexual.

I think all Gay Men would be "Tops" if they could

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard